? 5/23/24 WATSON

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rosie Lass, May 23, 2024.

1. Rosie Lass

Rosie Lass Member

Updated: it’s now 2 hours past his normal shot time and he’s still only at 145. I’ll be leaving soon for 5/6 hours so I’m afraid to give him a shot now since I won’t be able to monitor until later tonight. Should I just wait and give him the p.m. shot instead?

I upped Watson‘s insulin .25 last night which brought him to 2 units. This morning he is within this range. I’m confused, I probably should not be giving him insulin but if I wait much longer, I will not be awake when 12 hours comes again for another shot. What do I do? upload_2024-5-23_11-0-16.png

Last edited: May 23, 2024
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry no one got to you in time. In future, put something like "should I shoot" on the subject line, to get more attention.

As you've seen from today's cycle, the depot will influence a lot what happens in the first half of the cycle. Lantus can last up to 16 hours in the cat. Then it looks like it ran out after +3, or more properly +15 after the previous shot :rolleyes: You can shoot the 2.0 units tonight, at a time that is convenient to you as it's been more than 12 hours since the last shot. I suspect last night was also a bounce breaking cycle, so that plus the increase in the same cycle is why you saw those lower numbers this morning. 2.0 units should be OK going forward.

For your spreadsheet, you can stack multiple tests in one cell. I got confused at first because some of the tests in the same hour were put in different cells in the + columns. As an example, the first test, a 121, could be written as 121@+.5, as it was 1/2 hour after the shot, and put in the +1 cell, along with the next two tests. The total together would be 121@+.5; 123; 146@+1.5. The 145 and 141 at 12:30 and 1:00 would go in the +2 column, and could be written as 145; 141@2.5. That tells me the test at what would have been 2 hours after the shot was 145, and 1/2 hour later was 141. The 149 would then go in the +3 cell.

We try to stick to + times here instead of actual times. We have members all around the world in different time zones so it's hard to deal with local times.

Bella & Puddin likes this.
  3. Rosie Lass

Rosie Lass Member

@Wendy&Neko I’m a bit confused. First, what is depot? Also, I should still use +3, etc. even though no shot was given? I think I adjusted the spreadsheet like you wanted.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

5. Rosie Lass

Rosie Lass Member