5/23, Binie, PMPS 241, +3 162

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heike & BInie, May 23, 2024.

1. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-22-binie-amps-500-3-345-6-196.290300/

Good evening,

the night after the furshot the libre showed HI all the time. I didn't sleep much because I was super anxious if I can inject her again. I took the time to find out what I can improve with my injection technique. I thought the rolling technique would be good for us but Binie hated it when I took her fur like that. I found some small mistakes I made (e.g. going in the cartridge more than once to draw more insulin after flicking bubbles, which makes the needle less sharp) but the main mistake seems to be that I used the same places all over again.

This morning I was able to inject (choose different location) but with lots of hisses and Binie turning around quickly while I injected. Today she was high most of the time and surprisingly (at least for me) went down at the end of the cycle. I even had to stall the injection because it was going further down at shooting time. So I was 45 minutes late, which is still o.k. I can walk that back. I injected a reduced dose (2.5 instead of 3.0) because it was so much lower than usual and to be honest, because I am so super tired and scared of another sleepless night. Now I am quite relieved I made that decision because she is still surfing down even though I made sure that Binie is getting a little food every hour. We'll see, what the night brings.

It was a tiring 24 hours but I am having a bit more hope again.

Hope you all have a safe and relaxing evening and night! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Heike, it’s good you tried the roll method to see if that might work for you. If it doesn’t work that’s OK too.
    And you’re right, definitely try to use different injection sites so that you’re not always using the same place. I know it builds up tougher skin and it’s harder for the needle to go in.
    She still has the Depot at work for her, but the second half of the cycle will probably be somewhat higher since you had a fur shot yesterday and a reduced dose today.
    She’ll probably have higher numbers. You’ll get back on track.

Just try to breathe and get some rest while she’s a little higher.

Sending you good wishes for a good rest night and sweet dreams. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  3. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Hi Staci, I would definitely love to use the rolling technique because it would ease my mind to really see the needle go in and not just guessing. Unfortunately Binie seems not to convinced yet but I will try it now and then to grab her skin/fur like that. And you are absolutely right about how the curve was last night. At +8 she went up again and then stayed high most of the day-cycle. And I really had the much needed sleep.... Thanks so much for you good wishes and the helpful support! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.