5/23 Dyson AMPS 450 +3 372 +6 339

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kthondragon, May 23, 2024.

1. kthondragon

kthondragon Member

Previous 5/22 Thread
    Another solid pink/purple day... nothing to really say. Just marching forwards.
    I think we hold at this level for another two days and then increase by another .5.
    Unless someone thinks otherwise, based on his numbers, that's my current plan.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

It looks like you can increase since following TR. I think you can take him up to 5.5 tonight or tomorrow morning if you prefer. Lets see what @Wendy&Neko says.
    Have you gotten a ketone test recently?

3. kthondragon

kthondragon Member

Last ketone test was the 18th and was .1. And yeah, I wasn't sure whether/how much to increase because he technically DID hit some rather low nadirs but they were sporadic and haven't repeated with any regularity.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

One this dose, you've only seen one nadir below 200. The TR protocol says you hold the dose for 6-10 cycles with nadirs (note the plural) under 200. I think you are OK to increase any time. We were a bit more cautious for the first blue on the previous dose.

You should be testing for ketones more regularly when he's spending time in higher numbers. Every other day if you can, especially with recent DKA.

kthondragon likes this.
  5. kthondragon

kthondragon Member

Ahh... I thought I had read to test for ketones once a week. We'll step that up.

Also, is there a site or thread that kind of distills the TR protocol down to an easier to digest format? I've read through this a lot, but it's a lot to absorb and I find I keep missing things or messing up.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I usually use the Dosing Methods Sticky Note to tell me what to do for TR. This part is relevant to you right now:
    The biggest difference for you is that when doses get to 5 units total, we change the 0.25 unit increase to a 0.5 unit increase, unless kitty is seeing some green and you want to just tweak the dose.

kthondragon likes this.
  7. kthondragon

kthondragon Member

Oh... ok wow. Even that right there clears things up and makes it a lot easier to read. Not sure how I missed that. Thank you.