5/23 KARAMELLE AMPS 263 +5 47 +6 78 +7 49 +8 45 +9 53 PMPS 59 +2 44 +3 53

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoM, May 23, 2024.

1. JoM

JoM Member

5/22 KARAMELLE AMPS 339 +3 306 +6 173 +9 119 PMPS 218 +2 274 | Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB
    Ok so we have a lime today but its just under 50 and it went up to green the next test in an hour without anything but LC food, so is it imparative that I reduce? The instructions say to reduce if under 40 for a long term diabetic and under 50 for a newly diagnosed diabetic. We are going on 5 months, not really newly dignosed, but not long term either.
    What is the advantage to the reduction vs not doing it. She had not been eating as well the last couple of days so I know something is going on. Shes eating a bit better today tho.
    I feel like Im having a lot of trouble finding the right dose for her. These drops seems to just happen out of nowhere, although like I said shes not been eating as well and maybe thats the reason for the drop?

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

She's not staying above 50. That's telling you she really needs the reduction. Reduced food intake can make a difference.

Any cat under 1 year since diagnosis is considered newly diagnosed.

There is a technique for cats who don't hold reductions well regardless of how long since diagnosis. That is to hold for 3 drops between 40 and 49 on separate days - or one drop under 40. Even if you decide to do that, I'd reduce based on her not staying above 50.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. JoM

JoM Member

Thanks Wendy. I guess I'll do the reduction. Maybe when Ive had more experience with this in the future I can try that other way. Im a little worried she will drop lower overnight, when Im sleeping and Im not prepared to stay up all night to test her.

4. JoM

JoM Member

Finally back to green. She ate a tiny amount an hour ago, so not sure that had anything to do with the raise.

Bandit's Mom likes this.