5/23 Prince dosing advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, May 22, 2021.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

ER vet had us reduce to 1u for 5 days, and feed twice per day. As you can see from the curve, it’s not working. Should I increase to 1.25? I will be going back to feeding him more often.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Why did they want him on just 1.0? Did they find anything wrong with him? I would increase to 1.25.

3. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

They thought maybe the higher dose was causing a hypo and the multiple smaller meals were covering it.
    Still not sure exactly what was wrong. Bloodwork is fine. Ultrasound ok. They are thinking he possibly had a seizure or a mini stroke.

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I hope your boy did not have a seizure or a mini stroke. What made them think that, Lisa? Was it a test they ran or just a physical inspection? Good luck with the new dose. Hope Prince is okay.

5. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

He had an episode last Saturday. He was sleeping. Woke up and jumped off the couch. Made a gagging noise and started hissing and running around with his tongue out. Hid all night. Came to sleep with us. Same thing happened last Sunday morning when he went to jump on to his testing/shooting spot.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Was his bg low when the episodes happened? If not I think it’s unrelated to FD. Obviously I am not a bet but when it comes to FD question tge knowledge of many vets. Feeding twice a day makes no sense at all to me. Food bump and then nothing to level out until tge next four bump ??? That must have been very scary.

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

I would also like to know what his bg was during the times he had the potential seizures. Do you know? Can you look back on those dates?

8. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

My first thought was a hypo event but when I tested him right after the 1st episode he was over 300.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  9. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

Yes, it would have been the afternoon of 5/15 and the morning of 5/16.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  10. Summer and Susie (GA)

There was only one test done the whole day on the 16th so we really can't know. He did drop to 75 at one point on the 17th but that is not too low a number. Anyway, I just hope your boy is okay now, Lisa. Prayers that he never has this problem again. I love his sweet crossed eyes in the picture. I always makes me smile.

11. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

The 16th is when we rushed him to the ER. I grabbed the AMPS before we left, but did not shoot because he hadn’t eaten since early the afternoon before. They may have tested him later that day, but didn’t give me the info.

12. Summer and Susie (GA)

It totally makes sense. You did the right thing. Hope he is okay.