5-24 Mini Purrl AMPS 205, +3 127, +5 98, +8 111

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JLS12, May 24, 2024.

1. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Yesterday
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-23-mini-purrl-amps-162-3-137-6-147-pmps-203.290350/

Today is day 3 at 8.0u.

At +5 Purrl was 98, So I will stay with 8.0 for tomorrow.

Purrl had a vet visit today to talk about her high insulin dose. We talked about Acro, and insulin resistance. We also talked about what my thoughts were about Purrl's overall condition and things I've noticed, and my expectations for Purrl. After all the discussion, a physical, and reviewing her spreadsheet, he suggested we do a senior panel with thyroid, and urinalysis to rule out any simpler explanations first. She's not had a panel done since RX end of Jan 24. Then after results are in, he wants to consult with an internal med colleague.

We felt very comfortable with this approach. So now we wait a bit for labs and a call, then I will add them to her SS.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday.

2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Whoa, there’s the green!! Go Purrl :D:D
    But seriously, Janet, I’m very glad you felt you had a good meeting with your veterinarian. It sounds like a pragmatic approach to check on various different values to see the overall picture and what’s going on with Purrl.
    Please keep us posted on your lab results and I hope it wasn’t too stressful for either you or Purrl today. I have a feeling she’s probably pretty good at the vet since she’s so good natured.:)

Wishing you more Greens and safe surfing and a lovely weekend ahead :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle and JLS12 like this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about the delay tactics on the acro/IAA testing. Now you'll have to have two blood samples taken from her. No hyperT or urine infection takes a cat above 6 units. Been there, paid for the same things to my vet too. But at least I got the blood samples taken at the same time.

JLS12 likes this.
  4. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Thanks, Staci. I was pleasantly surprised to see that 98 today. I'll put her results in the Ss when I get them.

Purrl doesn't like being at the vet, but never makes a fuss. They usually comment how good she is.

5. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Well, I guess in light of that info, maybe it was a delay tactic. We'll see what happens next week. As I told the dr. my main concern despite anything that may be going on with her, is for her to be comfortable.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Getting a diagnosis, if positive, can mean starting treatment. Sounds like the right approach to consult an IM vet. Mine did that too before I could convince her to get the tests run, and the IM vet told her Neko had to get to 10 units first. :banghead: She never did. New data (well 9 years old now) shows how common some of these conditions are. Sorry, getting the word out is one of my soap boxes.

7. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Hi Janet and Purrl
    Beautiful cycle today despite the vet visit, and even a short trip to the beach. I knew Purrl would wanna see Nestle again sporting those beach shorts hehe.

I also hope you find some answers soon and all this isn't too stressful for either one of you.
    Sending PAWsitive vibes :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

JLS12 and Staci & Ivy like this.
  8. JLS12

JLS12 Member

I appreciate your depth of knowledge and willingness to share. :)

I can also certainly understand the soapbox, too. You're passing on important info. Thank you, Wendy.