5/24 RK - AMPS HI, ketones 0.6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JL and Chip, May 24, 2024.

1. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Previous post

RK is generally doing well. We’ve had a few nice cycles with lower numbers and ketones have stayed under 1.0 for over 5 days now. She’s eating on her own with only occasional prompting (bribing) from me, and she’s eating mostly low carb food now. She’s overall more stable health-wise and, surprisingly, is no longer on antibiotics. This last round made her violently ill and so we stopped “temporarily” only to find that she was doing ok without them and so didn’t start up again. And, she only occasionally needs subQ fluids these days.

Yesterday RK was finally supposed to have her long-anticipated preliminary dental work, so the day started out with a half-dose of insulin and fasting. However, at the last minute the clinic had to postpone. We’ll try again in about two weeks. Fingers crossed she continues to hang tough in the interim.

She’s been through a lot and, given that she was feral, I’m very proud of her for being so brave and tolerant. I do really think they have the ability to understand that we are helping them.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Lovely to read this latest report on RK. And those green BGs in the SS…so good. I’m very thankful the ketones are staying under 1 lately and to hear she is eating mostly low carb now on her own. What an improvement. A shame the dental had to be postponed but these things happen.
    You can be so proud of getting RK to this point after such a rugged several weeks. She is certainly resilient and I’m sure she knows you are helping her.
    Fingers and paws crossed she stays stable until the dental.

Staci & Ivy and JL and Chip like this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Ditto. Hope you are getting some much deserved rest.