5/25 Diarrhea& Vomit issue Evey AMPS 130 +2 112 +7 97 PMPS 117 +1 133 +2 130 +3 117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Evey, May 24, 2024.

1. Evey

Evey Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-24-amps-119-pmps-112-1-108-2-104-3-95.290369/
    Evey had diarrhea 8 times and she threw up twice in the last 20 hours. Her BG has been higher after she threw up. The first time she threw up, it was all undigested food. The second time was digested food with some fur. Is it safe to give her insulin when she keeps throwing up and having diarrhea?
    She hasn't been very active recently. I wonder if she has any underlying issue.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Do you have ondansetron or cerenia?

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

When was the last time she was dewormed?

4. Evey

Evey Member

I just bought cerenia online but it hasn't arrived yet. She seems better today. No vomit anymore. She went No.2 once today. It's kind of like diarrhea but not that liquidly. I think she is getting better. After the cerenia arrives, do I still need to give her the med to prevent throwing up again?

5. Evey

Evey Member

She was dewormed at the beginning of August 2023. It's been a while. Maybe I should give her the medicine again.
    She had been taken Synulox for skin problem for more than 2 weeks and just stops taking Synulox couple days ago. I wonder if the antibiotic could affect her system and cause the diarrhea.
    She seems better today but still has diarrhea (not so liquidly) once. But her BG doesn't seem very good. Since she started throwing up yesterday, her BG has been relatively high, especially in the middle of the night when she threw up and had diarrhea. Her BG still fluctuates a lot today too. Being sick and feeling uncomfortable could cause BG to fluctuate, right? I'm thinking about increasing her dose to 0.5U tomorrow morning. Can I do that?

6. tiffmaxee

Antibiotics often cause diarrhea. It’s best to give a good probiotic when in antibiotics but separate it from dosing the antibiotic.

If nit showing signs of nausea or vomiting wait on the cerenia. Sitting by tge watervdish, acting hungry but not eating can be signs of nausea.

7. tiffmaxee

I found this when I googled the medication.
    Gastrointestinal Upset: This is one of the most common side effects. It may include symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, or changes in appetite.

8. Evey

Evey Member

I ordered the probiotic online too but it hasn't arrived either.

Thank you for letting me know the sighs of nausea. Evey doesn't usually get diarrhea or vomiting (expect for throwing up furball). So I don't really know much about this. She has no problem eating food or drinking water. Even when she look not that well after throwing up, she had no problem finishing her food. Always a hungry hungry hippo

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  9. Evey

Evey Member

Thank you for looking it up. The diarrhea and vomiting happen after she stop taking the medicine. So I'm guessing the antibiotic might mess up the bacteria environment inside her gastrointestinal part.