5/28 Ruby OTJ Trial Day 9 AMBG 98/+3 92/+8 84/PMBG 88/+5 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, May 28, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday on My Fair Ruby. :cat:

Still under 100 today at AMPS but a worrisome jump overnight from previous days. Appy started slowing down again yesterday. Wondering if the capsule of krill oil I added yesterday to one of her meals is the culprit, or the lamb I'm feeding is too rich. Switching to turkey to see. The BG number this morning would not worry me if not compounded by concerns over her appetite. :nailbiting:
    Happy and alert. ✅
    Day 9 of OTJ trial. ✅

Healing thoughts for all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans. Happy Friday! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

This is all very exciting to watch! Numbers still looking great. I hope her appetite improves. Come on Rubes - you can do it!! :woot:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Not sure which rock I was living under but only just waking up to the fact that Ruby is on an OTJ trial . Wow! Day 9! :woot:

5. Katherine&Ruby

Actually Bhooma it wasn't an official trial until we passed day 6 and then I changed it to an official one when it seemed that Ruby was staying steady. It's only been a few days since I started adding it to the thread titles. You're so busy saving kitties the world over, so it's not surprising you missed it! ❤️

6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Come on Ruby!

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy day 9! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Happy Day 9!!!!!!!!! :):D:)

9. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Happy Day 9! Hope Ruby returns to her regularly scheduled eating :bighug:

Liz & Minnie and Katherine&Ruby like this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

These numbers today are making me nervous, guys! Gave her ondansetron and pepcid in case her tummy is upset. Ruby seems to be fine though. Just did zoomies with Olive up and down the hallway after eating her late morning meal.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, I hope it was the krill oil or lamb that affected her appetite.
    Try not to get nervous, lol look who's telling who not to get nervous :p
    Keeping my paws crossed for lower numbers so you don't get worried.
    She's looking great :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, glad almost all seems alright. I don’t see any high numbers. o_O Hope you both have a great Friday. Stay well Ruby. Sending hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Katherine&Ruby

Diane, I keep looking at Tyler's SS for inspiration and to feel a little better. :oops: It looks like he had some blues when he was on low doses and numbers above 85 while he was on his OTJ trial, but he also dropped into the 60s which Ruby isn't doing. I'm keeping fingers and paws crossed that this is a blip or a temporary thing. :nailbiting: Maybe the meds will kick in and she will come down.

14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I look at Tyler’s SS for hope as well but we have a long way to go. :arghh:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  15. Katherine&Ruby

Don't despair. I felt that way about Ruby too. Cats are highly unpredictable and very contrarian. Their little organs seem to be able to change at the drop of a hat.

16. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I think she is teasing you. Poop time?
    Come on Miss Rubes!! You look fine, but ya know . . .a bit lower would make your sweet mom feel better!

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

You are absolutely correct, he did have some higher numbers and it did make me nervous. I'm sending out positive vibes for Ruby . Hang in there ♥:bighug::bighug:

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Katherine&Ruby

I think she pooped yesterday, but unsure because I didn't see her do it. I'm actually more concerned that the higher numbers mean her tummy isn't feeling well. Will test her again in a bit to make sure she's coming down since this morning and if not, more meds.

20. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

What are the numbers you are looking for in the OTJ trial? Anything less than 100? I'm so sorry she doesn't have a healthy appetite. I know that is worrisome. When Ruby is officially declared in remission I hope you will stay on this site to help people like me navigate. You have been invaluable to me.

21. Katherine&Ruby

Ideally I'm looking for her numbers to stay between 50-80 for a strong remission. She's been doing really well, and though these numbers today look fine and would not disqualify her for remission, I worry about them creeping up and also if they are an indication that she's not feeling well again.

Don't worry, Summer, I'll still be here as long as I have the time. Ruby and I have been given so much love and support here that I have to pay it forward and help others.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  22. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 9! :):):):cat::cat::cat::D:D:D

Hang in there. Her numbers are still green and could be lower tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Bless you for wanting to pay it forward. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and say some prayers, that your girl gets her appetite back and stays in the 50 to 80 range.

24. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Dang! Ruby is looking fabulous! AND officially in the trail..go Ruby go!!!

25. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

26. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

The krill oil would cause a jump for Pearl, but she is sensitive to fish. Ruby is looking FANTASTIC!!

27. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Happy day 9!:D

28. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Katherine, sorry so late but had to say congratulations on day NUMBER 9. You go girl. Zoomies are just the best, I can’t wait to see Dolly zoom again, it’s been awhile. Sending loving prayers for a happy, zoomie, OTJ Ruby. :woot::woot: (Probably day 10 ) Hugs too :bighug::bighug::bighug: