5/28 Xena AMPS 176, +2.5 250, +4 252, +6 270, +9.5 269, +11 261/ PMPS 280, +2.75 310, +5.5 299

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Don & Xena, May 28, 2023.

1. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Yesterdays Post:
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-pmps-289-2-5-262-4-5-241-5-219-6-221.277976/

so it’s not time for her preshot yet that’s about an hour away, but she’s down to 168, which is the lowest she’s ever been since dx.I just hope it’s because she’s getting closer to being regulated. Not because she’s not getting enough food I had been under the impression that I was going to be doing a .25 increase today, but I’m going to hold off on that, even though I am on TR I feel like if she’s trending downward already I’d like to keep things status quo and see what happens.
    The last time I fed her was +5.5 and she did not eat anything. I left the food out until +10, but she didn’t eat any.
    I was up watching her all night. I was going to wait till pre-shot to test her, but I thought let me see where she’s at and 168, so…
    — does this sound like a reasonable action?
    Just wondering what you guys think.

My wife is watching her. I’m going back to sleep for an hour until her shot time.
    Just hoping this is just a symptom of moving in the right direction.
    Not sure who’s up at this time.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
    Pika and Shellz and Breelynne like this.
  2. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

I believe she probably ate at least 200 cal yesterday

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I don’t think the BG is lower due to less food. When we want the BG to come up just a teaspoon or two is what we feed. When you see blue you give the dose 10 cycles to see what happens so holding makes sense to me. Why were you up all night? Her numbers were not too low. It’s good though that you caught the late nadir.
    Sounds like she’s getting enough calories to me.

4. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Ok, thank you. Part of me feels like… “Well, this is progress she’s not eating like a fiend” and on top of it now her numbers are coming down, but Yesterdays p.m. cycle she ate almost zero cat food. That’s why I made her roasted chicken. I figured there was a better chance she’d eat it. It’s just so far from her norm. She usually follows me into the kitchen, meowing, getting underfoot. And God forbid she would hear a can open. She’d be like a heat seeking missile. But yesterday she didn’t even come in the kitchen, so I picked her up, put her by her food she didn’t even sniff it she just walked back in the living room.
    But yeah, I mean it’s probably just because she doesn’t feel like she’s starving anymore.
    Why was I up all night?… I often am up until 3am. My schedule is different from most people. But I was testing her a lot because I was just curious about her numbers now that she’s not eating like crazy, and I could see she was trending down.
    While her numbers numbers last night were not real low, relatively speaking, they were the lowest they’ve been since she’s been on Lantus, so I was curious how low they were gonna go. Her AMPS is 176, and she ate Almost all of the 1/3 can I gave her. I’m going to continue with the 2.25 and see how we do.
    Thank you again. Sorry if I seem overly cautious.

5. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

I’m going to change the title of this thread from
    “ FIRST BLUE # - Good or Not enough Food”
    ——
    to the normal daily number title

6. tiffmaxee

You are not being overly cautious. You are being conscientious! I asked why you stayed up only because she wasn’t so low that it was needed and didn’t want you to worry she was too low. I think we all watch our sugar babies more than we ever did before diagnosis. I bet there were days she didn’t eat as much as others. If it’s a pattern and other behaviors change that’s when you need to figure out why. It’s normal human behavior. Wait until you see your first green amps or pmps! I can just about guarantee your stomach will drop! Just don’t run fur the hc when that happens, lol. Many do. Soon blues will become addictive and then greens.

I think you are doing a spectacular job with her!

Breelynne and Don & Xena like this.
  7. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Thanks … I’m trying.

8. tiffmaxee

Eating less overall could be a factor in her bg being lower. It could also be she’s just not as hungry. Time will tell.

Deb and Sylvester and Breelynne like this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome seeing those first time blues. Been a few cats here finally breaking through to blues. :cool:

The nice thing about getting that +10 test is you know she was on her way up at AMPS, which makes it easier mentally to shoot. Though it's actually OK to shoot a dropping number, it's harder on us when it's a first time new low PS number.

Breelynne and Don & Xena like this.
  10. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Yeah, it helped … so she ate at pre shot and her big at +2.5 is 250. Fed her again, but no interest we will see how it goes. Thank you again.

11. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

So, she had more of an appetite today, and we seem to be back in the same numbers area as we were. I’m just thinking about whether I really want to wait a whole 10 cycles to give her the .25 increase she was about to get. I do think a few more cycles of observation will be helpful to let me know where she’s at, but if her numbers stay up in the high 200’s to 300, I don’t want to keep waiting to increase her I think. Just wondering what your take on it is.
    @tiffmaxee

12. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

I see Xena's progress, Don. You are doing an awesome job!

Don & Xena likes this.
  13. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

That is nice of you, thank you … the numbers came back up a little but I assume that’s kind of how it goes. Just Gotta keep doing the dance.

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  14. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

It definitely is a dance.
    Sometimes purrdictable, other times, surprising!

Don & Xena likes this.