? 5/29 Jessi AMPS 234, PMPS 228, 56 @+4.5, Lowest numbers so far

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stefania S, May 29, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefania S

Stefania S Member

Hi all,

I'm feeling concerned that about 103@3.25. This is Day 5 of Lantus 1.5 and these are the lowest numbers I've seen so far on this dose. Earlier, the sensor graph showed me a huge dip into much lower numbers but these didn't show up on my scanned readings so it could be that the sensor is starting to die, or maybe you can tell me if BGs can have sudden dips and sudden peaks that then come right back to more moderate numbers.

I wondered if I should decrease the PMPS when right before her evening meal her numbers were lower than ever, 153@+10.25 but I fed and waited. She slowly ate 2 full cans and the BG rose to 228 so I went ahead and gave the 1.5 (a skinny one).

I will see if I can get her to eat some more but earlier I offered her some and she didn't want it. She ate quite a lot at dinner so she could just not be hungry. I will keep trying. When should I break out the high carb food or sweeten her food? I don't want to do it if it isn't necessary.

From what I'm told the Libre reads 10 lower than the glucometer on average. Should I factor that in?

Update: BG was going down fast, 80@+4, I anticipated and fed some pureed corn, saw it rise to 97 but will keep checking.
    Update 2: Fell to 56 @+4.5, fed more maple syrup and corn puree with her usual cat food and treats. She didn't have much appetite but she ate most of an 80g can over the course of a couple of hours.

I will decrease the dose by at least .25 in the AM yes? Or should it be more? Id really like to avoid a repeat of this.

I'm watching closely all night because BG levels seem so unpredictable.

I'm starting to think the other conditions in her body are having a serious impact on them.

Thanks for your help as always!

Previous post

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-27-learning-lantus-many-questions.277958/#post-3075224

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    Reason for edit: update
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.