5/3 from 241 3+ this morning to 76 PMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by EarthyCarbonCookie, May 3, 2022.

1. EarthyCarbonCookie

EarthyCarbonCookie Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...n-after-a-drop-lantus-5u.262714/#post-2945424

I didn't shoot this evening. This morning had to be a little early due to work, my son was able to test 3 1/2 hours after morning shot which was 241. 7 hours later is 76 so I didn't shoot. He's not eating although he will eat the glycobalance I had on hand, so at least he's eating a little. I'll test again shortly and an hour after that for as long as I can tonight. I'm reluctant to shoot since I won't be able to test very much throughout the night.

I hate bouncing.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Edit to add: I work for a low-cost vet clinic but never consulted her regarding Carl because I haven't needed to. I asked her about a freestyle and she said she would look into how to do it. I told her about the forum and she giggled a bit and said we don't need to test cats that much.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Sorry no one responded earlier. With SLGS you do not shoot a number below 90. You would stall without food for 20 mins and see if the number rises over 90 to be able to shoot. As long as you can monitor, you can shoot any number over 90 with SLGS.

Was the 76 was +10.5 hours after the AMPS? It is in the PMPS cell in your SS.
    He has earned another reduction with that drop below 90 today so you go down to 4.5U from tomorrow.

The higher numbers you are seeing are a combination of bouncing and the skipped shot(s).

Yes, it's unfortunate that most vets do not recommend home testing. They also recommend high carb prescription food and changes in doses by whole units. Oh well. It is what it is.

Paulina and EarthyCarbonCookie like this.
  3. EarthyCarbonCookie

*Was the 76 was +10.5 hours after the AMPS? It is in the PMPS cell in your SS

It may not be entered correctly, awful tired
    May 3
    6:51am 241 offered normal food, he stood there crying. Offered Royal Canin glycobalance, on top of normal food (FFpate) and he ate about half
    7:15am shot 4.5U - kind of early, an hour early. should I have skipped it?
    11:42am 242
    8:10pm 76 no shot, ate glycobalance
    9:24pm 93 no shot, too late. Ate all the glyc, offered can of FFP
    May 4
    12:03am. 85 (just now) had eaten about half the fancy feast offered earlier

Will check over next several hours since it's dropping in spite of food eaten.

4. Bandit's Mom

Looking good depite the skipped shot. What are his usual shot timings? 8am/pm?

I guess you must have been told earlier that Glycobalance (dry and wet) are too high in carbs?

EarthyCarbonCookie likes this.
  5. EarthyCarbonCookie

Correct usually 8a/8p

Yes they're too high. I had the wet on hand because my vet gave it to me and I never used it. But he refused chicken, freeze dried too, all the things he loves and he said no. So to get him to eat, to avoid other problems, I offered that and he ate it. He's not drinking as much water now add he was, by about half

Thank you for helping! Testing again in 45 min.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. EarthyCarbonCookie

Now on slight rise 109 @2:10am. I have to sleep now, back around 7:30

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. SaraMV

SaraMV Member

Just want to verify, is the number 90 the same for AT2 and human meters if following SLGS?

8. Bandit's Mom

Yes, for SLGS the number is the same (90 mg/dl) for both human and pet meters. For TR it is 50 on a human meter and 68 on a pet meter.

SaraMV likes this.
  9. Paulina

Paulina Member

Hi!! Sorry only catching up now. Congratulations on another reduction!!:cat::bighug: I can see u and Carl r in good hands so keep posting pls to get more help!! Thank you @Bandit's Mom for all the help! :):):)

EarthyCarbonCookie likes this.