5/30 Newman AMPS 424 Switch to ReliOn Meter AMPS 325

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Linda and Newman, May 30, 2022.

1. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Sounds good. At least he's out of the black. I hope he won't do one of his sneak attacks on us today.

3. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Me too! I tested with both meters this morning. The ReliOn result was 325 compared to the AlphaTrak 424.

I think I would like to switch with that reading this morning in case it gets tense again and I will be out of AlphaTrak strips.

Tell me how to add a row to the SS. I can't remember if I insert a row below or above the row where I want a new row.

4. Suzanne & Darcy

I think you want to insert the row above (highlight the row you want to put the row above)... but I'm not sure. Don't worry. If it doesn't come out right, just hit the "undo" button (the one that looks like a backward arrow) and it will undo what you just did.

Yes. Can we just start using the human meter as of today? You can enter the 325 in for today's AMPS and then we can go from there?

5. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Okay, I made some changes and notes to the SS. Have a look when you get a chance and let me know if I need to edit my changes!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Suzanne & Darcy

Can you enlarge the font and change the cell color for the cells where it says that you switched to a new meter... can you put human meter instead of new meter?

Linda and Newman likes this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

Spreadsheet looks great. Lots of tests today!

8. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I didn't want any surprises so I figured if he made himself available near 2 hour intervals, I would test him.

The spreadsheet does look great, but I can't take any credit for it. I messaged Chris because I thought she had said something about changing the format when at set-up she thought I was using a human meter but saw that I had the animal meter. So I asked her to change it back as I had now decided to use the ReliOn. I had made a clumsy attempt to make note of the switch as you saw, and she kindly cleaned it up for me when she changed the format.

9. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

@Suzanne & Darcy
    Newman just tested PMPS 271 Is the 1.25 units still good? I wonder if between +8 and now if he went much lower and would it matter?

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Looking

11. Suzanne & Darcy

He’s very flat in the yellows. I think he’s probably been there most of the time. Not too bad. We still need to stick with the new, reduced dose for now. Okay?

12. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Yes, I wanted you to have a look to see if it would be too much. Thanks, you got here quickly! I'll shoot the 1.25 now.

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Well, get a +2 to make sure he’s not dropping. With two reductions in just a few days, he should be fine. I’m not ever sure that I trust him or the ProZinc though.

14. Suzanne & Darcy

I'm just checking up on Newman. I'm so glad you got a +2. Good night.

15. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Good morning. Posting an AMPS 376 and shooting 1.25. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to continue letting him settle after the bounces?

16. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. We need to hold this dose and see how it will work for him. We will then see if he is just high or if he is bouncing.

17. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

I probably tested too much yesterday. That was anxiety fueled on my part. Are there any times today that we should see? Otherwise, I plan to give him a break.

18. Suzanne & Darcy

19. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Got it. I certainly will do what is best. I tend to be a micro-manager. LOL

20. Suzanne & Darcy

:cat:

21. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

22. Suzanne & Darcy

Did he come out for a snack?
    Looks like he's not going to pull any shenanigans today :)

23. Linda and Newman

Linda and Newman Member

Yes about the snack.

I did some research and found that the Dr. Elsey"s kibble is very low in carbs at 2.53 % for the Chicken and 7.95 % for the Turkey. I started out with Chicken, but when I couldn't get it I ordered the Turkey and that is what I am currently offering as treats.

More surprising is the Wellness Kittles Chicken and Cranberry treats. I did an online chat with them and was told that carbs for that treat is 39.13%. I think I will no longer be using them. They are low calories, so I made an assumption and was wrong.

Every little bit counts!

24. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. Those snacks (the high carb ones) could interfere with his BG. I used to use the Dr. Elsey’s too for treats. The 7.95 is still okay for a few treats. Pure Bites freeze dried treats are popular.

25. Suzanne & Darcy

Well, pretty high today. Back to back reductions rarely work, but we will give it a little more time. I hope you had a good day, Linda.