5/30 Pearl PMPS 89, +3 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), May 30, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Good morning and happy Sunday to all kitties and CGs!

The past 2 nights, I have messed up. I decided to give Pearl some baby food squash (I ran out of pumpkin, and the jars of baby food are so much smaller and less waste). I think Pearl reacted to the carbs in the squash and she has gone a little high (20ish points) both nights. So I think no more squash.

This morning I started to add the Ziwipeak Venison in with her regular food (transitioning over). @Butters & Lyla have you found that this food is correct on Dr. Pierson's chart? 3% sound right?

So far, Pearl is eating it ok. No avoidance, but I am worried about the chickpeas (and of course the mussels - we shall see if she reacts or not).

Happy surfing kitties!

Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-29-pearl-pmps-84.247973/#post-2797062

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Morning Margaret! :coffee: I use powdered pumpkin from Raw Paws. If you mix it with water it turns into a puree that I mix with Ruby's food and she likes it. Less wasteful and a bag lasts for a while as I only give her ⅛ tsp of it at a time because she gets other prebiotics, though you can give more.

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the food transition. Some baby foods have starch in them and that can raise BG.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I use freeze dried pumpkin too, for some of my other cats. Some of them like it, some of them don't. Of course, the ones that I want to eat it, don't and the others love it!

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

TBH, back then I never asked the company for the As-fed and dry matter basis data needed in order to calculate it. But I sent them a note just now:). If they get back to me with it, I'll do the calculation.