5/30 Roxy AMPS 277 New Member.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy & Deb, May 29, 2021.

1. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Hi there
    Just introducing myself. Was helped greatly yesterday by Bron through our first day of Glargine. Roxy really not a fan of the testing malarkey but we got there in the end but now she is hiding in the cupboard exhausted after a late night - had to do a late +5 test around midnight. Very reassuring to be around such knowledgeable people. Thanks also to Bhoona, Bandit's mum for creating my signature and setting up the spreadsheet. We haven't decided which dosing approach to take yet, but I am waiting to get the 1/4 unit syringes from the UK, we only got the pen from the pharmacy so just doing the 1 unit doses twice a day I guess for the next 5 days. Advice welcome. Hope I haven't left anything out.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Reason for edit: Typo
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

She was asleep and didn’t want to disturb her after such a stressful day and night. She just woke up and came up to ask for food, I tested her - not much change at all since this morning so no doubt the drop may have been a few hours ago. Just rewarded her with a snack.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You are doing well with the testing now?
    Thanks for updating the SS....always helpful to us.
    With Lantus, the depot needs to fill. That is why you hold the initial dose for 5 to 7 days. You won’t see the full potential of the dose until then.

5. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Right ok. Testing is a bit better. She still struggles and growls a bit - I’m getting some Emla today to see if that makes her more comfortable.
    So I’ll just keep on with the test, feed, dose and keep 2 snacks in middle of day if required with main meals at 7am and 7pm? How many tests apart from those 2 do I aim to do?

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

@debplowman Since yesterday was the first day on insulin, I deleted the rows from May 21-28th from your spreadsheet.

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to say welcome to LLB.

8. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Thanks Elise!

9. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

So I tested her a couple hours ago and it’s dinner time in an hour and she’s had a couple of snacks in between - 2nd just 30 mins ago. Is there any point testing again before she eats? It can’t have dropped in between times..?

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Yes, always test before every shot is given.
    Also maybe I didn’t tell you......don’t feed for the 2 hours preshot, so the preshot BG is not food influenced.
    Its a learning curve so don’t worry.
    Did you enter the results in the SS?
    You are doing a great job with Roxy. She’s a lucky girl:cat:

Roxy & Deb likes this.
  11. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Ah ok
    So I have to wait until another hour before testing then feeding? Yes I put last results in the +7 cell

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

No don’t worry tonight because I’m sure she will be high enough. Let me know if she is below about 250, seeing she has eaten.
    Just stick to your schedule. If she was a lot lower I would be more concerned.

13. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Sorry am confused now - when you said don’t worry I thought you meant don’t bother testing but then you said if she’s under 250.. sorry I’m confused!

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Sorry if I confused you!
    I meant don’t worry that you gave the food that I probably forgot to tell you not to give.
    I meant to test before the insulin and if it was below 250 to post and tell me.
    Sorry for any confusion. Where are you up to?

Roxy & Deb likes this.
  15. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Tested fed and dosed! Entered details.

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ok, all looks good. Get a test during the cycle or before you go to bed if you can

17. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site, Deb. You are in good hands!

18. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Sorry was a zombie yesterday on 3 hours sleep, fell asleep so early and went to bed.? I’m about to get up and TFD. Will try get a reading at +1 this morning before I need to head off to a conference.

19. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Thanks Susie!

20. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to you and Roxy!!

Roxy & Deb likes this.
  21. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Thanks Suzanne!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.