5/31/21

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Charlotte and Lucky’s mom, May 31, 2021.

1. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Hi all! New to this PZI group- old member from Lantus group. Trying out this insulin with the latest diabetic in my household, Lucky (not so much at the moment though!). Not sure when his pancreas actually decided to stop producing insulin as my mom passed unexpectedly 12/23/20 and I wasn’t paying much attention to any of the cats. About end of March early April, I noticed he had lost weight and became suspicious. Started doing BG checks and they were consistently over 200. So I recently decided to try PZI as the pâté only hadn’t changed much with his numbers. I guess I need to keep my patient pants on but these numbers are only going higher. He is a big boy.. 19.4 # currently. He has a nice waistline now but bc we are not regulated, he is constantly hungry. I decided to do the modified method with him as I did the TR with the lantus on another cat which is still in remission. Thank God! Any thoughts or words of wisdom with this insulin would be greatly appreciated!! TIA :)

Deb & Wink and Shelley & Jess like this.
  2. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

Hi!

Just wanna check you're using the right syringes - U40 or U100 with the conversion chart?

And noticed on your spreadsheet you shot about an hour late the other night - that's the nice thing about Prozinc, it gives you a little leeway with shots if you're a little late - you can stay on your same shooting schedule for the next shot if numbers are high enough to shoot.

3. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Yes, U-40 syringes! I didn’t realize that about the timing- thought I had to slowly go backwards. Micromanaging too many things and I was in the middle of making dinner that night! Ugh!! :cat:

Deb & Wink and Shelley & Jess like this.