5/31 Allie AMPS 264/+2 277/+4 211/+9 299/PMPS 283/+3 254 *8 units

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breelynne, May 31, 2023.

1. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

5/30

Bumped up to 8 units will test again @ +4 have to run out afterwards. She gets her lunch @ noon too.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

I hope all goes well.… I don’t know what it is about Allie’s spreadsheet but it’s kicking me out again maybe it’s my phone or the app IDK

Breelynne likes this.
  3. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

Thanks! I just took her sugar and it was 299 not sure why, but feel we are losing the battle. She is so good about everything but there are days I think about her quality of life. We have been at this for months and I know what the sugar is doing to her body.

I had to log out of the forum before it was just spinning it's wheels as was Google drive so I just rebooted.

4. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

Are you feeding all wet food? What are you feeding her? Just curious.

Breelynne likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you knew the reason why she needs more insulin than average, then you might have a path forward for treatment. Which could improve her QOL.

As far as her numbers, I do see progress. There's a lot more yellow/less pink this last week. Today is the 6th cycle after those lovely blues, maybe she's going to show you some more today or tonight.

Breelynne likes this.
  6. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

Fancy Feast Pates, Reveal Limited Ingredient, Purina One grain Free. Basically anything in a can low carb. I also have some Weruva, Tiki Cat. I have samples of Dr. Elsey's canned to try. I have fresh salmon and chicken to poach as treats.
    Allie went off her dry right before I noticed her drinking more water and peeing more. She still picked but I noticed I didn't have to fill the bowl as much. I think when she ate it she didn't feel well...maybe raised her blood sugar? She was eating everything else just fine. Thought maybe I got a bad batch?

Don & Xena likes this.
  7. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

I sure hope so! I need to weigh her tonight too. There sure is a lot more yellows but today she is laid back! We go in Friday to the vet and I still have the 2 tests to talk to him about (to send to MSU).
    Miss her zoomies and she doesn't jump as high either. I took the rails and footboard off my bed.

Don & Xena likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It's a bug in the Google Sheets app. Every now then it won't let you edit the SS. Resolves on its own.

Don & Xena and Breelynne like this.
  9. Don & Xena

Don & Xena Member

“I took the rails and footboard off my bed.“
    Good idea.. Poor Ivy

Breelynne likes this.
  10. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

Didn't know that! Thanks for the tip.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Breelynne

Breelynne Member

I did that literally the day before that happened! I noticed she wasn't jumping on the bed like she used to. I read about the accident with Ivy :( I can't even imagine. I hope Ivy all the best on her road to recovery. Cats are tough though! Hope that prompts other to remove theirs. Mine is now in the attic.

Don & Xena likes this.