5/31 Luci AMPS 257

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, May 31, 2021.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Last Condo

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day!

Luci has been clinging to her beloved lemon tree for a couple of days now - I hope that today she'll find her way back to better numbers! She had such a nice run for a few days there and now seems to be in the bounce mode...

We're trying to get some things done around here - it's slow with DH hip/back problems. His meds really slow him down. Visited my mom yesterday without masks - finally! She's 91 and it was as if I'd never left. Talked to her about moving next month as the location she's at now is closing.

It's going to be a stressful month between work, DH health issues, mom's move and of course Luci with her ever surprising numbers...but we'll get through it...one way or another!

Ya'll have a good day and I hope your kitties surf safely!

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

You have been spending too much time in Florida with that "Ya'll" phrase. Hope Luci sees some blues today. Maybe she is picking up on a little on your stress. Sorry to hear about your DH's hip and back problems. Hope he feels better soon. So glad you got to see your Mom without masks! Moving is never fun. Is she close to you? My Mom just turned 90 on May 9th. I live with her and she has many aches and pains - including back and hip problems. All in all she is doing pretty good for her age. Have a very nice and relaxing Memorial Day, Sue.

3. Sue and Luci

LOL! I'm from South Carolina...so Ya'll is built in before Florida - I'm not sure I ever hear anyone there say that since hardly anyone there is from there...:p:joyful::eek::D:D

Yes, my mom is just a few miles away now - but will be further away after the move - about 30 minutes. Not looking forward to moving her and all her stuff again...didn't think we'd have to do that but the lady who runs the place is retiring to take care of her ailing husband...life is what it is...

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  4. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

It’s amazing how we get through it all..... I think if you everyday! And I pray fir all of you. Thank you so much for your kindness !

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, that makes more since. You do hear ya'll more in SC than you do in Florida. Love your comment about everybody here not being from here. :joyful: But I am! Born and raised in Brevard County. I hope your Mom doesn't have as much "stuff" as mine. She is a bit of a hoarder and trying to get her to get rid of stuff is futile.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci slides down today. Sorry to hear about your DH's health issues. I hope he can find some relief. I hope your mom's move goes well. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sue, can’t imagine just how busy you are. Hope you find some me time between the house, Luci and DH. I wanted to thank you again for your many kindnesses to both me and Dolly. You’ve been a good friend and it will always be remembered. I know we both get busy with life and don’t post to each other like we did but I am always checking Luci’s SS, it’s on my phone. Take good care, hope DH is doing okay. Surf safely sweet Luci. Hugs to all :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

9. Sue and Luci

Oh Lord! So I guess it was because of the depression but she clings to E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. and I mean EVERYTHING! I have to toss empty peanut butter jars, jelly jars, old clothes that she doesn't wear - magazines, catalogs...heaven's only knows what I'll find this time...she just won't let anything go and her drawers are bulging with STUFF. The really upsetting thing for me is that she has clothing still in the packages and wrappers! From the last several times she's moved - it's the same stuff in the same wrappers - she doesn't change her outfits very much - same kind so comfy stuff day in and day out - and she's lost weight over the last few years so I'm pretty sure none of that stuff will even fit now! But even asking her yesterday about packages of unopened underwear - mom what's wrong with these? They're too small. Ok, if you could please try them on and let me know for sure - that's the size you said you wanted - but those numbers don't mean anything - so just try them on and see how they feel, if they don't fit, lets donate them and get you some things that do fit!!! NOPE, can't do it...she put them right back into the drawer - unable to make a decision or to try them on - will it happen this week? Not sure. But I'd put money on them being right there when I go in to move her and her stuff to the new place.

It used to be much worse when she had her own apartment - but even with having a room to herself, she manages to save everything - I observed 7-10 pairs of readers - won't let them go even though he says they're junk because 'YOU told me that you couldn't get any more due to the war' - what war??? The Korean War.

:facepalm:

10. Sue and Luci

Thank you Adrienne! You're so kind :)

We'll muddle thru...one way or another. I just have to focus on not letting it all overwhelm me! One day, one step, one load, one trip... at a time...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Are you back in Michigan now?

My dad saved every thing. 60+ yrs of utility bill, bank, etc statements. I would buy new clothes but he liked the ones that were huge on him. I guess they were comfortable. He asked for suspenders but never used them. He would forget where he hid his denture cleaner so I was always buying more. I have new clothes he never even tried to wear to another who was about his size. Some went to donation box, most was thrown out. 3 pair of glasses he said he couldn't see with any of them. Don't even get me started on his dentures. They are who they are.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Yes, we're back...

I hear ya ... just gotta try to roll with it. She opened a drawer and I could barely look - it was filled with jars of this special moisturizer cream that she keeps telling me she's 'almost out of'...and I order more - it looked as if there were 9-10 jars of that cream in the drawer.. :(

13. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

We live by “one day at a time” (or moment when necessary :banghead:) in our world as well. Good luck with getting settled. Surf safely Luci. :bighug:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Sue and Luci likes this.