5/31 Roxy AMPS 316 New Member

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy & Deb, May 30, 2021.

1. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Damned test strip or sample issue this morning!! Never happened before, had to stab my girl 4 times!! Got two E3 and an E7 before I got a meter reading! Does this happen a lot? My first sample looked fine and then it said E7 then next two were E3 but they looked fine too!

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi! Here's your previous post for continuity - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-30-roxy-amps-277-new-member.247983/

As for the errors, I'm not familiar with your meter but a quick search says E3 means BG may be extremely high or a test strip error - did you ever get an actual number? The internet says E7 is a strip or port error. FWIW, I used to get a ton of errors when I first started testing my kitty - it gets easier with time :bighug:

Hope you all are having a good day :bighug:

3. Roxy & Deb

Roxy & Deb Member

Yes I looked in the instructions, E7 was a faulty strip and E3 insufficient blood even though it looked OK

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I promise errors go down with time :bighug: I found I had very few flood errors if I got the test area perpendicular to the blood drop. Some people also get the blood drop on their (clean) fingernail and then dip the test strip from there.

as an aside, I used to rub a nitty bitty amount of coconut oil on Jax’s ears to help them heal. I also pretty much stayed in the “sweet spot” and just alternated ears. my kitty was black too so I always got my sample from the inner part of the ear (easier to see the blood drop).
    upload_2021-5-31_7-8-55.jpeg

Hope that helps some - good job testing and getting numbers in your SS :bighug:

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning, Deb. I have been testing since December and I still have days where I don't get a good reading for several strips. Are you using just a little dab of Vaseline on the ear tip to make sure the blood "beads" up and doesn't smear into the fur? I have found this to be extremely helpful. As Susanne says, it will get easier with time.