57 BG-- Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by steph_frances, Sep 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steph_frances

steph_frances Member

Update: just got another reading : 63 @ +5

Hi! Oh my goodness! We did it! Granted he had about 3 purebite treats by the time we actually got the blood drop, but WE DID IT!

Okay. A little concerned though- 57 at +3 was his reading. He had breakfast at 7 & his shot of Prozinc at 7:30am... he got 3.5 units (which is lower than what the vet wanted me to administer- she had prescribed 5.5 U- ugh!) Anyway, is this too low? This is his very first home reading. Thanks!

I did read all of the Prozinc Dosing Information. I could definitely use some dosing advice, since we started him on such a high amount per the vet's recommendation.

More notes: we are very new at this. He's been on insulin for 3 weeks exactly. Vet's starting dose was 4 units & switching to Royal Canine Glycobalance (wet & dry food). Obviously, if i knew what I know now, that would not have been our path with this.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  2. Ann & Sister

Ann & Sister Member

Wow, that dose is taking him pretty low.

steph_frances likes this.
  3. steph_frances

steph_frances Member

Seems to be- really not sure what to do on dosing at this point.

4. Ann & Sister

Ann & Sister Member

@JanetNJ ??

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I wrote on the other thread as well. With this low and the fact you are going to wean him off the higher carb food I'd go down to 2.5. If it proves to be not enough we can always adjust it.

steph_frances and Ann & Sister like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.