? 6/1 Jessi AMPS 279, +2.25 159,+4 241, +6 197, +6.75 246, +8 165, PMPS 220 +5 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stefania S, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Stefania S

Stefania S Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-5-we-earned-a-reduction.278101/#post-3076032

Jessi's BGs are on the high side right after we reduced to 1 unit. Could it be because of that or is it because we saw low numbers the day before?

She's not even eating a lot today, so I know it isn't that. She's being a bit finicky about food, but she ate normally except for the last few hours when she has been nibbling because she wants something else. Still the numbers stay high and spike a little just after a few bites.

I'm still not totally sure just how much or what to put in the title. I apologize if it isn't right, please give me feedback on this.

Thank you!

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Your subject is perfect! She’s bouncing still from the 76. Most clear in 4-6 cycles. As they get used to lower bg that can clear really fast. Just wait it out.

Stefania S and Angela & Cleo like this.
  3. Stefania S

Stefania S Member

+8 165, will I ever understand the mysteries of BGs, insulin and all that stuff that makes these numbers go up and down....?

Why is it going down at +8, shouldn't it be going up? Or is it the depot that does this? Or is this a late nadir?

Subject line: should it be in boldface? I see so many others like that.

4. tiffmaxee

Meter allowable variance is 20% so those two results are about the same. Keep in mind some cats do what we call a double dip at the end of the cycle and some nadir at preshot. All I can say is don’t drive yourself nuts trying to figure out small increases and decreases in bg from test to test unless the bg is very low. Look for trends instead. Feline bg is quite confusing. You are not alone.

5. Stefania S

Stefania S Member

Ok, I’ll keep it in mind.

I’m getting more concerned about the Libre. I’m starting to worry that it’s so way off that it could be jeopardizing the regulation. How do you know to increase or decrease of the Libre is so inaccurate?

I just saw this post in Think Tank by a member finding it being off by 200! That can’t be right.

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...anations-tips-discussion.221630/#post-3076497

6. tiffmaxee

The Libre is likely as reliable as other meters except for when you get an odd bg that doesn’t fit with the rest of the cycle. When you see that an ear prick is a good idea. Sometimes a bad strip, too much or too little blood can give a wonky reading with an ear prick too. That’s why a retest is suggested when that happens and why we look for trends. I wish this were not true. Hang in there. Jessie is looking good for a newly diagnosed kitty.

Stefania S likes this.
  7. Stefania S

Stefania S Member

Ok, I hear you, thanks for the encouragement!

Btw, tonight's shot went well, another purr fest! After a little heart flutter, I got calm, we cuddled, she kept purring, shot was a breeze...she didn't notice, just happily ate her treats.

For the first time tonight she was almost almost asking me to put her up on the spot where we do the shot...WOW...:joyful::cat:

But shhhhh, don't tell anyone, I don't want to jinx it ;)