6/11 Max PMPS 506; +6 226; +10 HI; AMPS HI...heading into day 2 on TR

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca & Max (GA), Jul 11, 2020.

1. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

This morning's +6 read (that's +6 from his 12 AM "PMPS") was the earliest read I could get. Max was NOT having anything to do with ear sticks, so I expected him to be high, but he actually dropped low. However, Max is used to being in those higher numbers, so as expected, his body reacted (panic mode!!) and now he's back to being REALLY high. I am trying to transition to a human meter, but until I can get Max into more yellows and blues, I'm still testing with the AlphTrak first and then my new Contour meter (which I'm really happy with). ARGH! I was so very happy to see him lower and realized he was most likely feeling weird by being lower, but as I expected, his liver revolted.

And this too shall pass.....soon, I hope.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good job catching that yellow last night! :) Or shall we call it blue on the Contour. :cool:

It does take them a little while to get used to good numbers again. Neko used to feel best in pink when we started. :( That's when she was playful. Hid under the bed at her first green. Eventually that switched to playful in low blues. Someone once described high blood sugar like being used to drinking a lot of coffee. Cutting back is hard, until you get used to it.

Here is the link to your last post here, which we like to see for continuity.

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.