6/11 Michelangelo AMPS 253, +10/153

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KPassa, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Previous Condo.

I finally changed Michelangelo's litter on the 31st of last month to the Green Tea Leaves that I absolutely hate. It gets everywhere, it turns to sludgy mud that weighs a ton (even though it's SUPER lightweight when it's dry), it doesn't smell as good as the feline pine that I normally use, it doesn't last as long and I need to do full change-outs of it daily, and it's a lot more expensive. But it worked the last time Mikey was peeing everywhere when he was first diagnosed with diabetes. And it worked this time! It's been a week and a half since Mikey peed on my bed...until last night. :evil: Ugh! I'm guessing his litter boxes just weren't clean enough for him because I forgot to do my nightly scoop-out before going to bed last night. ohmygod_smile

Mikey will still only use the litter boxes in my room (I have two in there now) and won't use the other litter box, however last night for the first time since I moved back in April, he willingly walked into the dining room. Maybe he'll finally use that third litter box and I can go back to the feline pine again and not have to keep changing my sheets.

Henry, the scamp, got his way and is now allowed outside again. :YMSIGH: He is so impossible to control! He already destroyed the blinds in my living room when I kept him locked in for that first month. He's an unstoppable force when he wants something really bad. In this case, to roam around outside. I'm just glad I live in a quieter neighborhood than I did before so I'm not too worried about him getting harmed in any way...only catnapped because he's so freaking lovable and adorable. nailbite_smile

2. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

Re: 6/11 Michelangelo AMPS 253

When our Sylvester would pee in places he shouldn't, it didnt always mean the box was not to his liking. Sometimes he would do it to show us he was (literally) pissed off at us. Other times it would be when he had pain during urination... they associate the box with pain and then refuse to use it, hoping that peeing somewhere else wont hurt. And the more obvious the peeing incident is (on a bed or right in front of you on the floor) is a big hint that its a pain issue. They want you to know that something is not right.

See if you can catch a urine sample and check it for blood. Perhaps he has a bladder infection or crystals.

3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Re: 6/11 Michelangelo AMPS 253

Yeah, I took him into the vet a couple of weeks ago when this all first started. Completely clean bill of health (except it turns out he's diabetic :lol: ). No UTI, no blockage, nothing wrong at all. Once I can get him using the third litter box and going outside into the backyard again (his favorite place to pee), I think this problem will finally be resolved. But in the meantime.... :YMSIGH:

4. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I didn't get home on my lunch to test Mikey because I had a work-lunch thing I had to go to. A year and a half into this sugar dance and I still sometimes get nervous leaving him for long periods. nailbite_smile Luckily, he's been in need of a slight increase for a few days now so I wasn't too worried.

And of course Henry wanted to share his spoils for the day with me so when I did finally get home from work, it was to find two lizard tails in my kitchen. :YMSIGH: No sign of Henry or the lizards so I'm hoping they didn't end up under my stove or refrigerator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.