? 6/12 Mo - AMPS 358, +4 367, +8 374, PMPS 373, +3 336- Vet tomorrow. What should I get them to check?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Dec 5, 2020.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Yesterday's post

Still no movement in his BG levels. Mo was cuddling us in bed this morning, purring and grooming himself. He's eaten all his food (which is VERY normal for him :p), and I poked around his belly and he showed me no signs that he was in pain or sore anywhere.

I think I want to take him to the vet this week just for a check up and possibly to do a blood test just to make sure everything is ok. I'm worried that we would see him in the 200s quite regularly and now it's becoming a rare occurrence.

Fingers crossed he comes down soon.

Have a great day everyone :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mo is eating and giving you cuddles. I hope the new dose brings his numbers down.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  3. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

+8 374. Still high :(

I've booked him in for a vet appointment tomorrow. I might suggest doing a blood test to make sure everything is working fine. What should I suggest they look for?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Do make sure your vet checks his teeth - needing a dental has caused higher numbers in many cats.

The other thing to check is whether there is another condition causing insulin resistance of some sort. There are a number of secondary conditions that can cause insulin resistance, such as pancreatitis, hyperthyroidism, acromegaly (a benign tumour on the pituitary that sends out excess growth hormone), to name some of the more common ones. The last one may cost a bit, cause I only know of two places in the world that run a test for it - the US and UK. But recent studies have shown one in four diabetic cats has it. My Neko had acromegaly. Your vet may have some other suggestions too.

Good luck with the vet appointment.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  5. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Thank you, Wendy. I would be surprised if he had something wrong with his teeth as he only had his teeth cleaned and some taken out nearly 3 months ago (when he was diagnosed) but that's definitely a possibility.

I'll get the vet to check the other things you listed. He has had pancreatitis before and he isn't acting the way he did then and doesnt appear to be in pain when I poke him tummy. Hoping it's not that. Oh well, hopefully we will figure out out tomorrow!

Thank you for the suggestions :)

6. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

PMPS 373. Still high :blackeye: Hopefully the vet can figure out why he isn't coming down tomorrow. I miss seeing yellows!