6/13 Chloe - AMPS 271 | +2 268 | +5 221 | PMPS 130 | PM+2 136 | PM+9 406

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Librarianista, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She is due to clear that bounce. Maybe the lower AMPS is an indication of that! :)

Librarianista likes this.
  3. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great AMPS for Chloe this morning.

4. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Wahoo! We got a blue!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

So exciting for you! I'm very happy for both of you and Chloe.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great PMPS! :cool: I'd get at +2 test to start, to see if she's going to go down some more.

7. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

I’m a little worried the lower number is because she hasn’t eaten a ton today. There was more in the AM dishes leftover than usual. She’s not really interested in dinner. Dunno if she’s bored with the flavors or what. :-/

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Or it could be she doesn't need as much food because she's in better numbers.

9. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

I didn't know this was a thing. That is good info - thanks!

I've been wary for a little bit about how much she eats since we switched off dry. FF cans suggest 3 cans per day for a cat her size. She's never finished 2 cans in 24 hours.

10. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

How much does Chloe weigh? I used to feed 2-2.5 cans of FF to Ruby and she's around 11 lbs. Pet food manufacturers tell you to feed a lot more than the cat actually needs.

11. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

She was ~11 lbs at her first dx in October. Now she’s 9.5-9.75 lbs.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  12. Katherine&Ruby

I'm not sure what her ideal weight is or how many calories is in each of those flaked FF cans, but I find this chart to be really helpful in evaluating body condition to see if a kitty needs to lose or gain. https://www.aspcapro.org/sites/default/files/nestle_body_condition_scale.pdf

I use 20 calories per pound of ideal weight for the cat as an average measurement. ECID. Ruby lost a lot of weight when she was diagnosed with diabetes but it turns out she was waaaay too heavy before then and now I'm trying to get her to gain a pound. Her appetite slowed down a lot once she got regulated. I went through two 5.5 ounce cans of food when she was first diagnosed and now she eats 6 more or less. Two cans sounds about right and Chloe might gain back some of her weight with that if you think she might be too thin.

13. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Thank you for sharing this. I’ve seen a similar poster up in my vet’s office. She’s still got a low, jiggly belly and I’m sure she’d be fine to lose a little weight. She used to free feed dry before her dx so watching food is new to me.

+2 is still blue :cool:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  14. Katherine&Ruby

Ruby's civvie sister Olive is around 9 lbs and that's her ideal weight because she's a few inches shorter in length than Ruby.

Really nice numbers for Chloe today! You're doing great. Hope her appy picks up again. Have a good night!

15. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Thank you, you too!

16. Librarianista

Librarianista Member

Looks like the poor baby bounced again. :-(