6/13 Curve Day, AMPS 305, PMPS 192

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Elizabeth & Aiden, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Elizabeth & Aiden

Elizabeth & Aiden Member

I'm surprised to see these blue numbers today! I am wondering if changing his insulin is a factor? (New pen of lantus, not a new insulin altogether). I really need to get on the Mark's Marine deal if the last 20-40 units of insulin are going to be a waste/start showing him at higher numbers. Anyways, I gave him 3 units this evening and I'm going to get in a reading or two before bed (and set an alarm if he seems to be trending too far down). Should I keep him at 4 units or go down?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

4 units tonight. You reduce the dose on SLGS if they go below 90, which he did not. But it does look like he might be breaking a bounce, which can sometimes be a more active cycle, so that test tonight is a good idea.
    You might want to track in the Remarks when you switch to a new pen. Then you can see if there is any correlation when you to that. Not likely if the pen has been kept in the fridge. The only time I had a problem with one going bad was when I was on the road with Neko for 3 days in temps over 90.