6/13 Dude AMPS 398

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cpatt, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Its now been a week on Lantus and wow what a difference compared to Vetsulin.We finally have some blues!! Yay!! We went a head and ran a curve yesterday and trying to fill in the holes today. Looks like he bounced over the Am cycle from yesterday so not sure how to perceive the numbers today. Could anyone take a look at the SS and give me advice. Still collecting data on how its working for him. Do we up the dose or maintain til the bounce clears?? Do you perceive it as a bounce? Sorry for stupid questions, still learning! Thanks in advance

2. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Your kitty looks like Susie's twin. I can't give dosing advice but will try to get some people on board to help you. By the way, there are never stupid questions on this site - ever! @Bandit's Mom or @tiffmaxee or @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Cpatt likes this.
  3. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

They sure do look like twins. She's adorable!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Have you decided which dosing approach your want to use? The recommendations regarding the dose depend on whether you want to follow Tight Regulation (TR) or Start Low Go Slow (SLGS).

5. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

I've read both. Think for right now we are going to do SLGS until we're comfortable with what we are doing and know how the insulin works on him. Basically until we're more knowledgeable. Also I've got 300 test strips for the Alphatrac2 that I want to use up before switching to a human meter. Hope that's not a problem.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  6. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Maybe he fought the bounce because we got a 178@PMPS so don't know what to think??

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Could you add "SLGS" to your signature so we quickly know how to help you when you ask for dosing help.

Cats bounce from numbers they aren't used to. They can even bounce from yellows if not used to them. So it's possible those low to mid blues yesterday caused a bounce. However, today's cycle looks like he is breaking a bounce and you could have a good cycle tonight.

Cpatt likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Meant to answer the other questions on dose. I think I would wait and see what he does tonight. If you don't see anything lower below 150, I think you could increase to 3.25 units tomorrow. It's not a good idea to increase while they are breaking the bounce, as you can get extra downward momentum on that particular cycle. It's OK to increase otherwise during a bounce.

Cpatt likes this.
  9. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Thank you. Didn't see this until next morning. We were tending to him the whole weekend and after last night's PMPS we were both pooped. Sat down on the couch and both of us were out. Does look like we missed a pretty active cycle during the night. He got his first blue AMPS this morning. We will hold the dose and see if we can get a more accurate nadir for the little guy possibly tonight. I will also add SLGS on my signature today. Thanks again!!