6/13 Toeby AMPS 272, +2 178, +3 108, +9 131, PMPS 160, +3.5 203., +5 266.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laurasboyz, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Slow and steady Toeby!:cool:

Laurasboyz likes this.
  3. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

I had to leave the house after +3 this morning - he tested at 108 when I was leaving.
    I had given him snacks of low carb at +1 and +2.

This time, instead of canceling my plans, I decided to take the best steps I could to handle it and see what happens.
    I gave him some 13% carb food - Fancy Feast White meat Florentine Chicken Medley - made sure he ate some, and left it down for him.
    I also gave him a few Temptations on my way out the door.
    I was hoping the higher carb food would counter any bad drops that might come in hours 4 and 5.

Upon arriving home at +9 he tested at 131.
    I cannot know if he went really low on me or not, but there was still food down, and he seemed to be in good spirits.
    I hope he was okay.
    This is my biggest concern I have with his care, but I do sometimes need to leave him, so I hope I handled it right.
    Laura

4. Wendy&Neko

Had he eaten all the food you'd left down? Looks like it worked out OK.

5. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

He had licked all the sauce/gravy off the FF Medley - which is all he ever does with those saucy types.
    He hadn't cleaned up all his low carb pate or the Stella & Chewy that we feed them.
    They both were sound asleep when we got home, and I sense they slept most of the time we were out - that's what they normally do during the day.

His evening preshot was 160.
    A good friend gifted us a couple lobsters and he enjoyed watching us cook them outside through the window by his hammock.
    He's been bright and watching the street all night.
    I fell asleep watching TV and missed his +2, and got a +3.5, which was 203.
    It seems to me that he won't be dropping much tonight, based on this test being higher than his preshot?
    Whether that higher test is a bounce, or reaction to this morning, I don't know?
    Laura

6. Laurasboyz

Laurasboyz Member

As far as reviewing how he has made out on the "Fat 5", I think the blues he has had, along with the greens and that low on Friday morning, tells me I should give this dose a few more cycles before changing anything?
    I don't think I should bump up to 0.75 without giving it another couple cycles?
    Would you agree, @Wendy&Neko ?
    Laura

7. Wendy&Neko

I agree, doses with greens get 10 cycles. And with the lime, I might hold a little longer.

Laurasboyz likes this.