6/17 Cody ps 282,+2 338,+4 216,+7 244

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Nancy and Cody, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Yesterday : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17432

fat 9u today and a +4.5 of 216.

I've started having difficult bubble trouble. I thought I read in the lev stickies that they don't recommend drawing and re-injecting back into the vial. In the lev insert it suggests to do that, so just wondering what others do.

Also, I bought a 10 ml vial. Is it going to be good at the end of 5 - 6 weeks?

ps ----282 food & LRS
    +2 ----338
    +4.5 --216 food
    +7 ----244
    +8 ----

going to be gone tomorrow to the lake, so may decide to hold f9u again.

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I would draw about 1 u too much. Then, withdraw needle from bottle, point needle in air, lightly flick and draw in a bit of air if necessary to get rid of bubbles. Once bubbles are out, you shoot all the air and the extra insulin out.

Have fun at the lake.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do that as well. I draw a wee bit extra, then with the needle up in the air, I pull back a bit to loosen any bubble, then flick the side of the syringe with my finger just to tap it up to the top, then push out that air bubble and the wee bit of extra in the syringe.

I don't have the problem often, but always draw some extra and push it out, just to be sure.

4. Nancy and Cody

that's what I did with u40, I don't know why I had such stubborn huge bubbles today. They just wouldn't cooperate and go up the needle, shot 10 min later than i wanted to busy screwing with it.. Happy thoughts tomorrow.

5. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Have fun tomorrow --

I push the plunger hard to the zero before sticking it into the cartridge to help reduce bubbles.

re: using 10ml vial for 5-6 weeks...

at 9u BID...
    the vial should have 55 days worth of doses.

I have not used the vials of Levemir - just the 3ml cartridges. We have successfully used a 3ml cartridge for approx 4 months each (3 x and now working on the 4th cartridge).

6. Nancy and Cody

Well I think the problem was coffee- lack of it :D because this evening was no problem! Shot a fatter 9u tonight.

I think if you SHOVE the plunger way up into the insulin to push most of the air out of the needle then you don't get the same bubbles. Its just a matter of getting used to these little syringes again edit hey Phoebe we were writing at the same time I think- Thanks

ps-- 282 food
    +2-- 338
    +4-- 216 food
    +7-- 244
    +8 food
    +9-- 231
    +12--291 food
    +1 LRS

7. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

I generally draw a bit more, too, and just kind of let the needle "hang out" stuck in the vial so it fills more slowly. I have only used the Lev vials and they were good until the end-- a few months worth I think.

Have a fun weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.