6/19 Weekend Condo: Happy Father's Day L&LL!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!! :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: (YUM! Vanessa outdid herself this morning: PRIMO!) HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to everyone!

LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a almost summer Weekend Special: BBQ Pizzas! Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a VENTI Quad orange and vanilla mocha, laced with orange swirls, topped with chocolate whip, garnished with orange zest, slivered vanilla beans and chocolate swirls....... and orange drizzle! SWEET ! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:

[​IMG]

full-moon-cats.jpg
    Time for a Full moon party!

I hope everyone has had a great week. We have been.... well, busy again! :eek::joyful::cool: As I say every week: I just can't imagine not being on the go. ;) It keeps us out of trouble, and makes for great times! I often think back on the weeks happenings, and wonder how in the world did we do all that! I know I write this every week, but it really was the same this past week. We have had a week of adventure, and fun, and crazy as we all deal with pending summer, and somewhat warmer days. And some wet days. o_O :) We have been swimming, and to parks, and to the Science center and Seattle Center grounds, as well as a children's Museum. Last weekend we celebrated William's 3rd Birthday, as well as his moms 30-something . It has been a good week... :):) :cool:

Normalcy in Three MusketeerVille The kitties are all doing well, no one is fighting or growling or hissing, sharing of toys and those nanners abound, and life is good to be a cat. It is a gorgeous sunny morning here, and all three are sound asleep. Both Nicholas and William have learned that all three Musketeers here LOVE kitty treats, and have made it their duty to be sure and get them some on the mornings they are here. Bug, Lola and Vanessa now know that they will, and all line up in the kitchen waiting. :):):):p It is really very cute, watching two young boys deal with three FEED ME NOMS NOW kitties. :eek::blackeye::smuggrin: Lola continues to escape... wow on it all. It is a daily occurrence now, at least two a day on most days. We are all getting very good, once again, at making sure she doesn't. Haha, we try, we failed more often than not. Ah Lola... what will we do with you? Yes, I know.... make you a catio! I will, I swear! That is my goal this week, to start the search for someone that can build me one.... :cat: At The birthday BBQ here last weekend my youngest son took her outside, let her play supervised, as much as one can supervise Lola. She was good, stayed in the yard, ad had such good kitty fun. :cool: Days have been warmer, not always sunny, but warmer. All three kitties have spent alot of it with noses plastered to the screens of open windows. Catching outdoor sniffs and an occasional breeze no doubt. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:

P1460579.JPG
    Vanessa

P1460568.JPG
    Lola

P1460582.JPG
    Bug

Our adventures continue. It has indeed been a busy week. Weather has been ok, little rains, and somewhat on the warm side, with temps in the high 60's. We were outside when we could, indoors when we couldn't. We did get a few nice sunny days too. We made trips to the pools, parks and playgrounds, and were able to return on Thursday to one of the boys favorite places, the Pacific Science Center. We even caught, again, an IMAX movie while there, on the planet earth, as seen from an astronauts point of view. That was great, boys really enjoyed it. Weather was so so when we started out to the Science Center, but by noon on that day we had sunshine, and were able to spend time after science exploring the Center grounds. Wednesday weather was iffy, so we opted for the Imagine Children's Museum in Everett. It is a great kids place, where they can use their imaginations to create and explore all sorts of things. Fun rules there. :smuggrin: Friday we were off on a berry picking mission, and a picnic, after morning swim, on the trails near the pool. Huckleberries are now bearing fruit, and we found a few remaining salmonberries. I love that trail: perfect size for Nicholas and William, and the berries abound. We've also spent some time here , at home, just playing out in the backyard. I sometimes think they have just as much fun playing in the backyard as they do when we go someplace. Wait until Nicholas and William discover that my huckleberry plant is stating to bear fruit! :cool: What a great week it was. :woot::woot::woot: It has been so fun! It has indeed been a good week for the boys, and their grammie!

P1470980.JPG
    Nicholas and William, strategising on the best approach tot eh yellow tube slide.

P1160212.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Pacific Science Center, a wind interactive

P1480304.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Berry hunting!

AWESOME WEEK in the pool! :joyful:Nicholas and William continue to swim on the same designated days, with swim lessons for Nicholas on Mondays and Wednesdays, at least for this week when we begin to transition to summer schedules. Lessons continue to go well for Nicholas. He is in his last week of spring classes, with summer session beginning in two weeks. Classes are every day of the week (M-F), and he anxiously waits the beginning of summer. Going that often will be a good transition for him for entering Kindergarten where he will be in class five days a week now. William will start, hopefully this fall, in swim lessons as well. Over the summer I will try to get him to take the "swim test" so we can get a placement for him. That reminds me so of Nicholas, who could swim like a fish, but refused to take that silly test. darn kid! It was close to a year before we could get him entered into the lesson program. Remember that???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Both boys still swim on Wednesdays together, and also on Friday night. They really do well together in the pool. it can get a little crazy, but really is alot of fun for all, even me. We have also been able to continue those post swim, before lessons pool picnics on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, often going berry picking on the nearby trail when time allows. Weather has been good then, so why not? It was fun: grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken with fries on the menu. YUM! Friday night, the traditional burger feast was on! Nicholas and I have been doing that for the longest time. It was awesome that William was there to join us. :cool::cool::cool::joyful: SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

Nicholas & William: WATER TAG! This is ever so fun, played in the lazy river, adn certainly does give their grammie a workout! :eek::joyful:

P1020048.JPG
    William and Nicholas: SWIMMING RULES!

For my own personal time, I continue to hike the local trails here when I can: Meadowdale and Picnic Point for the most part. and wherever else I can find nearby. It is great to have such good places to go to when time permits. I cannot be more grateful fore that! Tuesday was a "free day", after a couple of Appts and breakfast with my son. I didn't have time for a travel trip, but did have time for a trip to hike at Lake Padden, near Bellingham. Weather was also a factor, but it cleared up nicely by the time I got there. it is a beautiful lake, with lots of hiking trails available. They are also spots that the boys and I will go to during the summer, so it also gave me an opportunity to see how conditions are, and an estimate on when we can return. That turned out to be now. SWEET! I hope to go back over "them thar hills", aka the mountain passes, again next week, and hike again in Eastern Washington , before things start to get hot, like 100 degree days hot, over there. :cool::):):)

P1150815.JPG
    Lake Padden

P1150907.JPG
    Lake Padden

Have a great Sunday everyone! It is rather low-key here... I made it outside on a local hike today, to the beaches of Picnic Point, while it is still quiet, no people! :rolleyes: It should be a sunny afternoon here. I hope they are right on that one, we shall see! With today being Father's Day we have a brunch planned to celebrate all the dads in the family. My son is cooking! YAY on that, and bring on the Eggs Benedict. Excellent! Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. :):cool:

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

[​IMG]

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like everyone had a good time at the birthday parties last week. I'm sure Lola loved going outside. I bet it made her try to get out more. I'm glad the kitties are doing well. Nice that the boys got to do something inside and outside this week. Enjoy the Father's Day brunch. Sending prayers for your DH.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yes, busy captures your week very well. :) Vines for DH.
    Liz

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

@carfurby - Hi Carla, we did, and a big AFFIRMATIVE on Lola. She has such fun. And yes it did, she has been relentless in her renewed efforts to escape. :cat: it was a good and varied week this week, inside and out, all fun. THX on thr DH vines. :)

@Anne & Zener GA Hi Liz - lol on the busy. I often wonder if I know what the word sit means... ;) THX too on the vines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.