6/23 Cinna | AMPS 79 | PMPS 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by alio, Jun 23, 2022.

1. alio

alio Member

6/22: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-22-cinna-amps-84-pmps-97-dx-uti.264931/

Pretty green night; some crazy Libre highlights....

+4 105 (63 on the Lite)

10 minutes before +9, 127 on the Libre. The graph was very suspect, it had him being below 70 just before that and then shooting up. I scanned him again at +9 and it was 102 lol.

15 mins before AMPS the low alarm goes off and he scans in at 53. He had eaten at +9 so I was expecting a drop here. 15 mins later at AMPS.... 79

Today is the last full Libre day, it will expire sometime tomorrow in the middle of the AM cycle. As silly as it sometimes can be, I will definitely miss just scanning him with my phone and looking at his trendline graphs.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

After 4 days you just might be done! Big anti jinx!

Bandit's Mom and alio like this.
  3. alio

alio Member

lol thanks!!! This whole time, and even now, I've been very careful not have any expectations; he's doing so well it's really hard not to anticipate him making it to OTJ.

Of course he had to throw a UTI in the mix to keep me on my toes!

4. tiffmaxee

Even with the uti he’s in great numbers. That’s remarkable to me.

alio likes this.
  5. Roxana & Henry

Roxana & Henry Member

Beautiful green numbers. UTIs are no fun. But he is doing so well. I am getting the Libre 2 sensor this Saturday. Cannot wait for the alarms lol

alio likes this.
  6. alio

alio Member

You can turn off all but one of them - the urgent low. The lowest you can set that to is 55. Assuming you are using a phone as the reader, the only way to stop it is to turn off bluetooth or move the phone out of range of the cat. LOL.

Just FYI, with the Libre 2, if you are using the Libre reader, you have to scan the sensor with the reader first. If you scan it with a phone first, you (allegedly) can't use the reader after that point. I don't have a reader, but that's what I've heard.

Roxana & Henry likes this.
  7. Roxana & Henry

Roxana & Henry Member

Good to know. I plan to get the reader. I wonder how the alerts will be set on it I am sure I will figure it out. I can always switch to a phone if needed.

alio likes this.
  8. alio

alio Member

PMPS 136 Libre, 77 Lite

Libre has been reading over 100 since +9, checked each one with the Lite and he's been in the green. I suspect he probably is a little higher than normal, but, still keeping it green somehow :nailbiting:

@tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom - once this Libre dies, I'm going to switch back to ear testing. Aside from pre-shot tests, what other times would you recommend I test at?

9. tiffmaxee

Cinnamon is really pretty flat. It looks like he nadirs around +7. I’d probably get a +3 and +6 and if lower a +7.

alio likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You don't need Libre level of data any more. He is tightly regulated and probably seeing pretty flat cycles. In addition to the preshot test, one mid cycle test might be enough - unless he looks like he's going low like Elise said. You can mix up the mid cycle tests - that is, get tests at different times in different cycles.

alio likes this.