6/24 Jack 225@ +9hrs PM and 245@AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

I apologize for the lack of post yesterday; Jack continues to s-l-o-w-l-y come down. I'm happy with his overnight numbers. My ketone strip order has been 'delayed'...so really skimping on tests. He is acting fine, and has been 0.2-.03 so I'm not panicking about it. I guess we are looking at 7 units on Monday? He is still too high, and I never noticed a .25 dose increase doing much for him anyway. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Thanks again, all of you, for your support, prayers, encouragement, and especially advice. Jack and I are truly grateful and consider ourselves blessed to have such an amazing cheerleading squad!

Wednesday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...ps-not-going-in-right-direction-today.264941/

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My vet's clinic owner called them "exotic tests", until both came back positive. I saw him a couple times after that cause my vet only worked Thursday through Sunday. I taught him a few things. :p Later he told me I knew more than him about acromegaly. Low bar. To be fair, he did know about the TR protocol when we started our diabetic journey. And he was great about a lot of other topics.

I know this is totally off book because of the dry food. But you are a great tester and I'd like to get ahead of whatever is causing insulin resistance. If you are able to test this weekend, and don't see blue by tomorrow, I think you'd be OK increase to 7 units tomorrow AM. Note to lurkers, this is a special suggestion solely for Christine and Jack - special circumstances here.

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.