6/25/22 Wally Update AMPS=237,+7=190,PMPS=101,+6=145

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ginger Cat, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

Brought him home from the vet at noon today. While there, he was on IV Fluids, buph, mirataz, cerenia and a shot of anti-biotics because he started to lick/bite the area where his IV was. He did eat some while he was there, but hasn't eaten anything except a little bit of Churu since coming home. Hopefully he'll eat tonight.
    I also have to get him back on schedule starting tonight.

He's very happy to be home.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Ginger Cat

He did test positive for pancreatitis, as I suspected. Not sent home with any meds since he got so much at the vets. I do have liquid gabapentin if I need it. Will talk with my vet on Monday or email her tomorrow if he starts going downhill.

4. Ginger Cat

Ate very little tonight. Not even 2 flavors of Churu tempted him. A few licks of his FF, some Friskies and then I offered the Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Kitten food the vet sent home and he ate some of that. Gave him a very skinny .5 and will watch him like a hawk tonight. I wonder if the anti-biotic shot he got is affecting his appetite.

I talked with my vet and she said she didn't think the anti-biotic she gave would cause the inappetence. Said it was okay to give him another cerenia pill and to let her know if he finally eats something. We don't want to have to resort to a feeding tube. He did finally eat a little more of the Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Kitten food and I'll just keep offering it to him tonight.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Wally is home. I hope his appy picks up. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope Wally's appetite picks up, I would add pancreatitis to your signature so members are aware of it :bighug::bighug::cat:

Ginger Cat likes this.
  7. Ginger Cat

He ate more FF Naturals and Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Kitten food after his nadir test this morning. Hope this continues today.