6/25 Cleo AMPS 79 +2 61| +3 54| +4 75| +6.75 159 PMPS 245| +3.5 278

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Cleo, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Are you surprised??? :p But she is really toying with us. Flat yellow till +7 and then a green AMPS??? :eek:

At least it's a weekend and you can test.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  3. Angela & Cleo

I feel like she's treating us like her plush mouse she bats around the house:blackeye:.
    I didn't test after +7 bc well it was yellow so why waste the strip , but I did give her LC snack @+9. She was annoying @+10 so in my zombie state I gave another tsp of LC so I could sleep.
    I figured she was clearing yesterday's bounce but thought mid blue would be preshot.
    I think maybe I need to experiment a little with higher-LC food. The ziwipeak pates are 2-3.5%. I've been using the DM Savory Selects @10% and mixing with the 2% when you recommend (steep drop etc) and I have her Soulistic Original recipes (from pre dx) which range from 15-25% and used with lime bgs. I've been thinking I would pick up some Weruva in the higher-LC to MC range. Also she is 10+yrs old now so maybe mixing in some lower phosphorus food into her food rotation wouldn't be the worst thing . How do you feel about this? She seems to me to be pretty Carb sensitive, well sometimes o_O. I'm just not certain if it will help with the bounces.
    I have the sticky feeding the curve bookmarked so I will re-read it a few more hundred times. But your thoughts on feeding if any would be greatly appreciated. Please be as brutally honest as you need to be. I'm Not that Sensitive and it takes a lot to hurt my feelings or feel negatively from a criticism. :p

4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Of course I replied on the old thread...

You didn't ask me, but I think:
    - Mixing in lower phosphorus is a good idea for any older cat I'd say. We never know if they'll have kidney trouble, but most tend to go that way (or cancer...)
    - I see no harm in continuing to mix foods to get the carb % you want, but if you want it to be easier/less wasteful it helps to have a range. I'd say something like 7% or so.
    - She does seem a little more carb sensitive than most. That said, I don't think a whole lot will help the bouncing, but lately she is spending longer stretches in good numbers at least. It's really whatever is happening before +2.5 that is most harsh. @Rainbow Conti had (has?) a similar issue with LM.

5. Angela & Cleo

Always Always Always do I value why you think ❤️❤️❤️!
    Her kidney values are within normal range the last two blood checks. I plan on getting her in to the Vet for a full blood panel some time in August which is about 6months since the last one.
    Big drops at onset is super easy in higher numbers to recognize. These lower ones I am still trying to figure out especially with meter variance.
    Plus Cleo is a witch with a capital B and never follows the rules!

carlascalico likes this.
  6. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

As a rough "rule" I'd say under 100, anything outside that 20% or more by +2 is a big drop. I'd say 15% by +1 (I know it's still within meter variance but just have to take it at face value).

She'll get there! Someday....someday.

7. Angela & Cleo

This general "rule" makes A LOT of sense. Going into the Cleo DM playbook:kiss:

FrostD likes this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Got a +1.5?

9. Angela & Cleo

She hid from me and just got a hold of her at +2 and its 61. I'm inclined to give a tsp LC

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

I would add just a teeny amount of DM to it. It's possible that LC is enough...

11. Angela & Cleo

+3 54 and fed as advised above.
    Seems like a little extra %LC is warranted in these green ps#s? Maybe feeding 5-7% as PS meal? IDK I'm sleep deprived and grasping at logical straws here lol!

carlascalico and Bandit's Mom like this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

Feed a mix of LC and DM. ETA: think you already did?

And yes, maybe you want to start with a higher carb low carb meal at PS in such cycles. And also feed at +1 (if you don't already).

13. Susan for Maus (GA)

Susan for Maus (GA) Member

Look at her go :D:D:D

carlascalico and Angela & Cleo like this.
  14. Angela & Cleo

I will review the food chart and pick up some Weruva higher-LC. :bighug::):bighug::)
    Cleo thanks you:bighug:. Let's hope we can keep her coasting without a bounce into pinks :facepalm:

15. Bandit's Mom

You can just make do by mixing LC and DM :)

16. Bandit's Mom

Much higher at +4. Oh well. Didn't feed higher carbs, right?

17. Angela & Cleo

No Ma'am. I did give her a little less than a tsp of soupy LC! She's looking for the gravy lol

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. Bandit's Mom

I bet she is! Who in their right mind would not like carbs? ;)

19. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Lm def has this same issue with the dive at onset +2/+3. For awhile I was using 5-7% at +1 and sometimes at +2 depending on his +2. I have noticed as he is more used to normal numbers he dives less often and less severe. So I dont generally use anything but his raw food anymore. And depending on his mood and sleep state sometimes he gets a +1 snack and sometimes it's at +2. Dont overthink. I drove myself nuts doing this. Experiment some and see what works best. Ultimately as he got more used to the lower numbers and stayed lower overall the swan dives slowed. He still occasionally dives a big dive. Cleo will get the hang of it and so will you. Sometimes you just have to let happen what will happen. It's actually a weird issue to have a carb sensitive kitty. A mixed blessing. Tough to find right combo that works without working too well. But if they dip a little too low...nice to know it doesnt take much to bring them up;)

20. Angela & Cleo

This REALLY helps! Thank you so much

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  21. Angela & Cleo

159 @+6.75

22. Bandit's Mom

:blackeye:

Anyway, she wants the dose held.

23. Angela & Cleo

Haha :blackeye:. She's just a bouncy kitty!
    There's more stretches of greens opposed to sporatic greens, so that's improvement.
    We were ready to up her dose this morning but she wants 2.5 my baby gets 2.5!
    When is this dose reassessed, how many cycles from this green nadir?

24. Bandit's Mom

I guess you'd give her 6 cycles to clear the bounce

25. Angela & Cleo

Looks like humans will get some sleep tonight o_O well after the neighbors finish shooting off their fireworks. Poor kitty a little stressed from the noise :(

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  26. Bandit's Mom

I will never understand what's the fun in noisy fireworks. It literally like burning money! :mad: