6.25 Macho amps 317 + 2 218

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Garciacat, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Garcia, With a drop at +2, you will want to monitor him and feed him a little higher carb food, like 7-10%, if you have it. Can you test again at +3?

Garciacat likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, he is probably clearing the bounce. Please feed a little of his usual LC and test in a couple of hours. Please feed and test till he stops dropping. We want to prevent a dive below 50 at the end of the cycle like he is wont to do!

Garciacat likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Oops! Crosspost! :)

5. Katherine&Ruby

Either way, feeding him a small meal of anything you have below 10% would be helpful right now!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

I not home but he is taking care off. I just called home and he drop to 38! why?
    He always eat 5 hours later. They gave him more food.

7. Bandit's Mom

He was dropping at a good pace which is why we suggested feeding and testing a little more often. Food helps break the dive to lower numbers.

It's possible that he is going lower late in the cycle and that is not being caught without tests. He has earned another reduction with that drop below 40. His new dose is 2.75U.

Please feed some high carb food and test in 30 mins.

Garciacat likes this.
  8. Katherine&Ruby

The 100 point drop between AMPS and +2 was a very strong indicator that he was going to go low and needed food. The next dose should be reduced by .25 to 2.75.

The drop to 38 could have been prevented. Lantus onsets around +2 to +3, and feeding early in the cycle is necessary to prevent the steep drops. I suggest breaking up meals so that he eats at shot time, +2 and +4. This will smooth out the drops so he doesn't go as low and then he won't bounce into the 300s as he has been.

Does this make sense?

I hope he is getting some honey or high carb food and PLEASE ask whomever is home to test him again in 30 minutes.

Garciacat and Bandit's Mom like this.
  9. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

No problem, i make sure he eats every 2 hours.
    Macho got 182.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  10. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

thank you so much.

11. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

thank you

12. Katherine&Ruby

Good! :) And next time he gets a test at +2 that is equal to or lower than his AMPS, please test him again shortly after that to make sure he is going up, not down.

Garciacat likes this.
  13. Garciacat

Garciacat Member

"The drop to 38 could have been prevented".TODAY HE HIS PMPS was 42 and he had food available and was free eating all day. you said those low number could have been prevented with small meals and it didn't'.