6/26/22 Wally Update AMPS=312,+6=217,+9=233,PMPS=269,+5.5=139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ginger Cat, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Would your vet give you cyproheptadine? It really worked better as an appetite stimulant fur Max and can be given twice a day. Do you have ondansetron for nausea?

4. Ginger Cat

I can ask my vet about the cypro. I only have cerenia for nausea.

5. tiffmaxee

Ondansetron is better for nausea for many cats. It and cyproheptadine are human drugs so you would need an RX.

Ginger Cat likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

If you can’t get Zyrtec, the regular strength zyrtec allergy pills are also known to stimulate a cat’s appetite. Just 1/4 or 1/3.

Ginger Cat likes this.
  7. Ginger Cat

I did a google search on Zyrtec and all I see is the 24 hour tablets or the children's tablets. Nothing is labeled regular strength. Do you have a link so I can see what the product/box looks like?

8. tiffmaxee

It's the Zyrtec allergy, not decongestant. Cut a 10 mg in half and then give 1/3 or 1/4 of 5mg twice a day. Sorry about not explaining better.

9. Ginger Cat

So basically you can get either 6 or 8 doses off a single 10 mg pill?

10. tiffmaxee

Yes. See if it works. It did for both Max and has for Mocha. Start with that tiny amount. If need be you can give 1/4 a 10 mg. With cyproheptadine Max only need 1/8 or 1/16. With the right dose of ondansetron he rarely need an appetite stimulant. Ondansetron can give given 3-4 times every 24 hours. It lasts 6-8 hours.

11. Ginger Cat

still not wanting to eat tonight. Ate a few bites of Chicken FF, but turned his nose up to the fishy FF Naturals and the Royal Canin kitten. Ate a few licks of Churu

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  12. tiffmaxee

He’s nauseous still no doubt. How long have you been giving cerenia? If you can’t get ondansetron you might be better off with a feeding tube. It’s helped many.

13. Ginger Cat

He's been on cerenia for quite a while now and it's just not helping. Will be taking him to the vet tomorrow morning for a feeding tube. It's breaking my heart to see him like this. He's had pancreatitis before and usually it resolved in a couple of days. Not this time...

14. tiffmaxee

Max had some bouts that lasted days and others months but with ondansetron and occasionally cyproheptadine he did okay. I’m sorry you are having to deal with a bad bout. It’s hard with fd.

Ginger Cat likes this.