6/26 Faraday AMPS 79, 57 +4, PMPS 87, 75 +4

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cali S, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Cali S

Cali S Member

Previous condo

So I was out of town for work (in Toronto, which I LOVED, never had been before), and my spouse was taking care of Faraday. They gave Faraday his insulin (1.25U) twice a day as directed, and I was absolutely flabbergasted to come back to a PMPS of 94 on Saturday.

He went into the low 50s Saturday night, and appears to have bounced up from that a bit yesterday, but was back in the green for PMPS last night and as you can see from this SS, and this morning as well.

We have another upcoming trip, heading out of town Thursday afternoon and coming back Tuesday afternoon. I'm a little stumped for vacation dosing this time, given that Faraday appears to be marching to the beat of his own drummer and surprised me with such a low nadir when I came home.

So a vacation dose of maybe 1U? To start tomorrow evening? That gives me 6 cycles before my animal sitter comes and takes over (again, just the insulin shots, no BG monitoring).

Bobbi Kraham likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree. Normally I would say start Tuesday but it looks like he came close to earning a reduction with 1.25. Depending on the numbers he might need a vacation dose of .75. Let’s see.

Cali S likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Elise is right. It's possible that he has earned a reduction by dropping below 50 or by staying mostly in normal numbers for the last week. You could start 1U as early as tonight or tomorrow morning so you have enough data on 1U and can go down to 0.75U if he is still dropping to the 50s on 1U.

Cali S and tiffmaxee like this.
  4. Cali S

Cali S Member

Thanks @Bandit's Mom and @tiffmaxee!

I’ll try starting 1U tonight so I can get as much data as possible before I go out of town.

More generally speaking, should Faraday be acclimating to numbers in the low 50s, or is it normal to keep bouncing a bit? The last couple times he has gone down near 52 he’s bounced up to the blues. Is this an ECID kind of situation?

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

His bouncing isn't bad at all, so I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully he will get used to the 50s. Some cats bounce all the way to remission!

Cali S and tiffmaxee like this.