6/27 Bandit AMPS 326 PMPS 208 +2 265

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

We're back!

He's still in is first 24 hours of insulin so I don't expect to see any improvement until tonight or tomorrow until his shed fills. I'm hoping that he hasn't been high long enough for his liver to get panicky, so we can get him regulated real quick.

No testing today for the AM cycle while I'm at work, but I plan on getting a +2, +4, and +6 tonight. Definitely not as stressed this time around because have more support at home with Bandit--my boyfriend has become incredibly attached to him in the past couple years and said that he'd be willing to get a +6 during the AM cycle while I"m work. I told him not to bother today because it's doubtful he'll drop below 300, so he's going to start tomorrow. My brother also said he'd be willing to get the PM +6 (1am) a few nights a week, so I can get some sleep.

Also changed the syringe this time around to the 31g shorter needle, which I have to say I like so much better. I could poke Bandit all day long with it and he wouldn't feel a thing. As he was going otj last year, he was getting sores on him at the injection sites that we were unsure of the cause, so this will help if it was the syringes causing the problem. Also, it's pretty impossible to get a fur shot with them it seems.

He only has one more dose of the Bupe left, so I'm going to wait and give it 24 hours from today's dose.

Does anyone know how long Bupe lasts in the syringes? I do have 3 syringes I found in the back of my cat medicine drawer from Gabby's dental last spring (2010). It's the same dose as Bandit's, and I'd like to have some on hand just in case he needs some. I know it's probably expired, but I thought I'd check. There's no expiration on the label.

Edit: Answered my own question with the Bupe. It's only good for 6 months after being filled so in the garbage they go.

2. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Re: 6/27 Bandit AMPS 326

Hi Julia.....& Bandit too of course,

How is Bandit doing lately? Is he still having his dizzy spells? Sounds like it'll be much less stressful this time around, with having your BF and brother there this time to help out.

31g short needles are the bomb! Pretty much impossible to stick it all the way thru and give a fur shot. I found Leo alot less growly and pissy when we switched to those needles.

Have a great day at work.

3. MauiGuppy

MauiGuppy Well-Known Member

What a great support system you have! Hope Bandit's feeling better. Wishing him lots of vines and snowflakes and loves and hugs.

4. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Still a bit dizzy but better. We had to block off his cat tree because he jumped up there yesterday and fell getting back down. Luckily bf was there to catch him so he didn't hurt himself. It's good that he felt well enough to get up there I suppose.

5. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Well, he's a little lower tonight which is good, so the .5u is doing something. Looks like no danger of dropping fast tonight. I plan on sticking with this dose for at least 5 cycles before increasing to see where he goes. I'm still hoping it might drop some more as he heals, too.

6. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Awww poor little guy, and no kidding good thing the BF was there to catch him.

Cmon down Bandit!! Nothing to see up there.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I was looking and looking for your update and missed it. Sorry!

It sounds like the vet visit last week went well. I suspect the probiotic you found at the Vitamin Shoppe is fine. And, I'm very happy to hear that Bandit is acting more like himself!!

8. Julia & Bandit (GA)

I actually haven't bought the probiotic yet because I was unsure how much to give him. I'm on my last packet of Fortiflora tomorrow...I bought some more today on Amazon but it looks like it won't be here 'til Friday. Sienne, how much of the human probiotic do you give? It comes in capsules so do you give it whole in the capsule or break it open and mix it in the food? He hasn't pooed since yesterday, so I'm hoping his body is finally resetting itself on the Fancy Feast and Fortiflora. If he has another loose BM, I do want to run out and give him the strong probiotic for a bit. Tonight was also his last Flagyl pill, so I'm wondering how he's going to react.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.