6/27 Maki AMPS 300, +2 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Maki (GA), Jun 27, 2022.

1. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Patricia & Maki (GA) Member

Folks,
    I have Maki's old spreadsheet attached but can't for life of me figure out how to attach new June 2022 spreadsheet.

Today is the first day Maki has really shown some energy. Pupils less dilated. She used litter box over night. Ate and drank a little. Was a scary 5 days but I think she has turned the corner. Now what to shoot her with and when is the next hurdle.

Thanks,
    Patricia

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Patricia & Maki (GA)

Patricia & Maki (GA) Member

Morning Folks,
    So, here's my latest challenge. Ever since using the appetite stimulant ointment on Maki's ears, I can't get a solid BG. I prick the spot and the blood now spreads out so I don't get a solid drop and the meter keeps giving me An ER4 for lack of sufficient sample. I've cleaned the whole ear with alcohol wipes and let it dry really well. It's been two days since using the stimulant any more. I've let her ears rest and dry up, but just can't get a solid test?
    Help? I read the suggestions on testing also. I am not confident trying in another location. So some of it is my nerves too. She at least was tolerating the ear testing.
    Any help would be awesome and I still don't get how to attach the spreadsheet.
    So yesterday she was 300, then shot .5 lantus, she dropped to 188 but I didn't want to shoot a second time with out a clear test.

Patricia

4. tiffmaxee

Did you warm her ear? I never stuck Max anywhere but one ear. Others might have ideas.

Remember to start a new post each day as the older ones will get overlooked.

5. tiffmaxee