? 6/3 Ivy, Increased dose, Updates post surgery AMPS 337, 346 +1, 339 +2, 400 +7

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...2-post-surgery-yesterday.278136/#post-3076896
    Ivy is feeling better today, healing from her leg surgery to a broken leg from 1 week ago. Eating well. Stood at her bowl to eat, wonderful to see. She actually climbed on me to knead & purr (we both love this activity).
    Still on buprenorphine and gabapentin for the pain. Pain Meds Will continue Till mid week I think.
    She’s been on a decreased dose of 3 units since during surgery, it appeared She dropped quite low under 50 on her Libre, and also dropped quite low the morning she broke the leg a week ago, on Libre). I couldn’t confirm myself either of those extreme lows with handheld device.

She came home from the hospital Wednesday and wasn’t eating great or at all, I syringe fed, then added mirataz, appetite is good now.
    On lower dose of 3 u, her numbers have been higher.

*I increased her dose this morning to 3.25 units to try to resume some of the traction we were starting to make with increases in her Lantus.
    Hopefully she will tolerate the increases well and we will keep increasing doses and get her back on track with lower numbers.

I Need to install her new Libre sensor today, wish me luck. Oy.
    I’m hoping there won’t be any wonky or quickly dropping Crazy bgs going on in the next 24 hours so that you won’t have to hear from me, fingers crossed.
    She tends to drop quickly after breaking bounces or have very late nadirs just at shot time. :banghead:

Edit/Question Since increased her dose today, should I expect her to go high then drop very low again, as though it’s a brand new dose for her (even though she was on this dose not that long ago), or NDW?
    @Wendy&Neko @Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh Staci I'm so so happy to hear that Ivy I'd feeling better ,that she stood at her bowl to eat and climbed on you for to knead !
    Good luck with the increase ,I hope she surfs safely today, no crazy numbers
    I'm going to peek back later to see how she's doing
    Good luck with installing the new meter :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase and the Libre.

4. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Diane! Praying she stays safe, surfing today! Not sure I can handle and more drama!! Hope you are having an unremarkable start to the weekend, too!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Ivy is doing well post surgery. Sending prayers for her recovery. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Staci & Ivy

Thank you Carla!! Much appreciated! She really needs some major prayers. And now to get back to working on the diabetes! :bighug::bighug::bighug: