6/3 Jack: 49@+12, stalled, 99@+13/AMPS, reduced to 6.5u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jack & Mopem'sMom, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

THIS CAT IS TRYING TO KILL ME WITH HIS NONSENSE. :eek::eek::eek::eek::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have never seen a 49 on Jack or even his brother Mopem. Chock up lack of panic to: being too physically exhausted to over-react, lots of knowledge gained on the board (THANK YOU EVERYONE), Jack acting like he doesn't have a care in the world and being pissy because his breakfast wasn't served already, and looking at @Angela & Cleo 's SS and seeing so much light green it made me feel better this morning (extra hugs to you, Angela, I don't know how you deal with such low numbers on a regular basis). Since Jack was acting fine, I stalled his shot an hour, and just fed him his regular breakfast of pate and kibble. He did get a little extra kibble (which I will pay for later, I'm sure) but I figured I know it brings his BG up and it's closest to what 'normal' is for him, and which I am desperately trying to maintain. He was 99 @ +13, which is when I gave him a reduced dose of insulin (down to 6.5u from just two cycles of 7u).

This brute was 200's for the past 2 days, 303 at his PMPS yesterday and 198 before I went to bed. HOW in the :spam: did he get to 49 in 7 hours after eating prime filets for dinner?!?!?! I'm taking a guess that the depot kicked in?? I think my attempt at a custom dose regimen is not working the way I'd hoped. I'm going to have to rethink the amount of time I hold the dose, and be firm with myself about holding it, even if #'s are in the 200's and 300's.

I'll keep the SS updated, but I may not get back here for the rest of the day- I was supposed to get the oil changed in the car today and then go down to help my sister on her farm since she has a really bad case of Lyme going on, but Mr Jack has thrown such a wrench into the works today, I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

Yesterday's thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...nes-increased-to-7-units.278173/#post-3077020

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

I LOVE HUGS
    CONGRATS ON THE DRASTIC REDUCTION!
    Gotta LOVE that depot :p and clearing the bounce.
    Glad you reduced. Please get a +1 and +2. Jack will probably bounce of course but better to be safe and diligent.
    How soon before you have to leave?

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  3. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

Christine, you absolutely crack me up, I spit my coffee all over the garage!!

Yeah, that lime was probably a depot clear. I know it's hard with the kibble. Will he eat any low carb kibble? Sly is a diehard crunch fan, so I knew I had to do something, he likes the YA and the Dr. Elsey's, so I lucked out. He doesn't have huge spikes from food since I transitioned him.

I'm sorry your Sis has Lyme disease, it can be pretty bad from what I have heard from a few people. All my guys get flea and tick meds year round, but I'm lucky to not have any ticks on my land. We do have to worry when DH and I go for a woods hike, but I check us before we even get back in the car.

Jack, you behave today, no more limes!!:bighug:

4. Jack & Mopem'sMom

I decided not to go out today, maybe later to help my sister, but I'm too nervous to leave the house this morning. Jack was 95@+1 and 97@+2. I'm going to try to get on every hour for as long as he will tolerate it. I seriously don't know how you deal with these lows so often

5. Angela & Cleo

:joyful: It became easier with time and knowing which carbs worked and when. The most difficult part is her not letting me test her when she's low, low, lower :blackeye:. Then there's always that inevitable bounce with her:rolleyes:

WOW that's flat. Did he get another snack? Will he eat LC out of a tsp maybe?

6. Jack & Mopem'sMom

His 'kibble' is a 50/50 mix of the YA Zero and Dr Elsey's Pure Protein chicken. Any higher % of the YA gives him diarrhea. He's a kibble addict. He will occasionally eat the Ziwi Peak, but all teh freeze dried options I tried didn't fly with him, so we are pretty much stuck with the 50/50 mix. My sister is pretty messed up from it, she is reacting badly. I'm probably going to have to go to the farm after his PM shot and do the end of day chores for her. Everyone is on flea/tick stuff here and at my sister's. I'm obsessed with checking myself, and the cats, it's just so prevalent in this area and we had a mild winter so nothing died off like it normally does. I had lyme a few years ago, and it messed me up for about a week, but I know how I got it....I got a kiss from one of the deer that was a 'regular' in my yard, so it's kinda my own fault. :facepalm:

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  7. Jack & Mopem'sMom

He will eat anything I offer him, but I'm trying not to give him anything else. He ate a very hearty breakfast of pate and more 50/50 kibble mix than I would normally offer him, and he generally comes up from even the smalles amount of the kibble mix so I'm just trying to hold off, test every hour, and go from there. Think I should feed him again??

8. Angela & Cleo

You know him best :cat: and you're monitoring him :bighug:. I'll look out for that +3

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Christine ,I think Jack is trying to kill you with his nonsense :p
    Let's go you brute and get those numbers up
    Christine as I have said in the past you always crack me up with what you say about Jack!
    I'm sorry that your sister had Lyme and isn't feeling well ♥
    I hope you can go to your sister later on tonight , thanks a lot Jack :p
    Anyway congrats on the reduction :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Jack & Mopem'sMom

126...I'm going to leave him be and just keep testing. He'll be 200 by PMPS w/the increased kibble and decreased insulin I bet. He just wanted me to stay home today....bugger!

11. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Thanks; he's 126 @+3- like I told Angela, he just wanted me to stay home today....the bugger!

12. Angela & Cleo

Great job! Looks like he's heading up. And will probably bounce hard from the lime :rolleyes:
    Hope you can find a way to enjoy the rest of your day :bighug:

13. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Yeahhh....I was apparently conservative in my 200bg estimate at PMPS...he's 195 already and it's only +4 :banghead:

14. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack says, "Wanna know the best way to get your mom who has been spending too much time out of the house to stay home? Get the diabetic kitty to go low! Mom stays home, and you can use her purse as a pillow as you sleep on the dining room table...ROFL!!!"

It won't let me post the picture :mad:

15. Angela & Cleo

Not surprising after a lime. Take the rest of the cycle off. It's his gift to you! :p