6/3 Yoyo AMPS 119, +2 153, +5 141

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/2 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-2-yoyo-amps-346.230389/

Day 1 @ 1.50 units Lantus

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes for Yoyo....I hope you know how much it means to me knowing that you are all there for Yoyo and me.....thank you, thank you, thank you.......and a very special hug to @Bellasmom

I increased Yoyo's insulin because of his BG due to him not feeling well.

Yo is anemic which scares me. Vet is taking it step by step....in other words, staying with current meds, changing his diet to a low fat diet of w/d and i/d canned food mixed with his Weruva Pawlicken chicken canned food.
    The prescription foods are high carb....I think that is elevating his BG also, but I don't know for sure.
    I did notice today that Yo came down the stairs to get me to clean his litter box....stinky:cat:
    So I am only praying that maybe he is a little stronger today....maybe. I don't want to jinx his health and I am not really sure what is going on with him.

I did notice this morning that he was also favoring his left ear and I now notice that both ears have some dark yukky stuff in them. His ears are always spotless....so again, I don't know what is happening!!

Surf safely kitties

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  3. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you!!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Next time you talk to your vet ask about giving B complex. I believe I suggested that when I noticed the anemia. You can read about it on tanyascrf.org.

https://felinecrf.org/anaemia.htm

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Did the vet noticed his ears? It might be painful for Yo... Poor little thing, he's going through a lot lately !
    Thinking of you! :bighug::bighug:

6. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you I will!

7. Debra and Yoyo

Nope, I just noticed a lot of yukky this morning when his right ear was tilted for me to notice....they are so smart!!
    He normally has spotless ears....I don't want to clean his ears and then the vet will say ...well now I can't culture his ears....so I have left them alone and he is leaving them alone too. Poor baby....I just want him to feel better.

Today he went inside his big blanket which is a good sign, it is one of his favorite spots which he hasn't been going to at all! He has been just plopping down and putting his head down too....maybe the meds are finally kicking in, maybe???

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I sure hope Yoyo starts to feel better soon...I think about you guys every day! Poor thing...now a possible ear infection???

Sending prayers and hugs your way! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

10. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you!

11. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for checking in on Yoyo. I'm hoping that the meds are trying to help him...he was a little more mobile today- he actually went inside his blanket instead of just laying on the floor and he came downstairs once. He hasn't been downstairs in over a week.
    Hope all is well by you, I haven't checked in on others condos today- hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for Yoyo.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

13. Debra and Yoyo

I did ask the vet about vitamin B12....she said that she can give him an injection to make sure it gets absorbed thru the body. I don't know if it is just B12 or other B's too.

Did you mean orally or injection?

Do you know why pets with infections should not receive iron? It states that on Tanya's site.

14. tiffmaxee

I added a little oral B complex, not just B12. You can inject B12 sub-q yourself. A whole bottle used to cost about $10. The B complex can help with anemia.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Debra and Yoyo

So the vet should be able to give B complex with B12?

16. tiffmaxee

I believe B12 is part of BComplex. All the B vitamins are needed to help with anemia. Again you can read about anemia here.

https://felinecrf.org/anaemia.htm

What I don’t know is the cause of Yoyo’s anemia. I’ve used it for anemia due to CKD. Yo-yo doesn’t have that so it seems to me that’s the question to ask.

17. Debra and Yoyo

No one knows for sure why Yoyo gets anemic. He has done this several times before starting when he was a little kitty and got neutered. He would not heal....and by that I mean his cut would not heal and scab. Took several months until the scab actually fell off by itself and healed. And during this time his RBC and HCT were low. The vet (the same vet) did certain blood tests to see if we could find out if he had some kind of blood disease, all came back normal. If I wanted further testing to find out more answers I had to take him I believe it was to Texas so that they could see Yoyo and do tests on him. Well that wasn't happening - so I never learned what he has.
    After his leg amputation which was in 12/17, he needed a transfusion while in the hospital because his HCT dropped below 14%. There was no excessive bleeding during the surgery and a transfusion wasn't a normal thing to need, but sweet little Yoyo had a transfusion. There have been other times where he has dropped below normal recently too and he wasn't feeling all that great either. He either gets urine infections that don't show any bacteria or they just go un-noticed. This time he wasn't feeling well and too much time went by until I gave him the antibiotic zeniquin. Convenia wasn't helping this infection, but 2 days after giving zeniquin he looked more alert and today he is being more vocal and wanting to be with me. I pray he continues this path and fully recovers.

18. tiffmaxee

19. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope it was just a matter of the right antibiotic. Please feel better Yo! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks Sonio....Yoyo was more active today but still no appetite. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day:)
    I hope you and Leo are doing well!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.