6/30 Toby's PMPS=92+3=47+3.5=57+4=69+5=46+5.5=56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Peg and Toby, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

92 @ PMPS I gave Toby 6 units tonight. Went out side and came in to test at plus 3. Toby is beside his bowl flat on the floor. I tried to get him to walk but he was all wobbly in the back end. Tested him and he was at 47. Gave him HC and karo to see if he would get any better. At +4 he is up to 69 but still wobbly. He hasn't pooped much in 2 days. Don't know if he is constipated or not. I had given him a little less than 1/2 ml of pain med. Don't know if that is making him weak. I'm hoping this isn't the end. I can't post in his SS it won't come up. Will wait and see how he is in the morning.

Toby is needing more prayers please,

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Surrounding you and Toby with prayers, Peg. I'm sorry he's not doing well and hope he perks up. A million hugs going your way.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Oh Peg, how scary. Although I don't have much experience with pain meds I do believe that can be a side effect. Sending all the vines and prayers to you and Toby :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Doodles & Karen

5. Doodles & Karen

How is Toby acting now Peg...any better?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending vines for sweet Toby. I hope he's better now and staying up for you.:bighug:

If you are giving buprenorphine as a pain med, it is a narcotic so can be constipating. I balance it out with a little pumpkin and Restoralax (US is Mirilax). Too much bupe can make them wobbly on their feet. Neko's dose is .22 ml and she is usually around 14 lb, so .5ml could be too much. Civie Theo once got too much (concentration was higher than normal), and he looked like a drunken sailor until it wore off.

7. Peg and Toby

That's what Toby is looking like. It said he could be drowsy. Having a hard time getting his BG up. Been giving HC and karo. Even rubbed some karo on his gums. I hope it is the pain meds.

8. Peg and Toby

I think he is more alert.

9. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Got the prayers going strong from here, Peg. Bupe made my Spikey a zombie. Weak, sort of out-of-it.

10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

is there a special treat that would perk him so you can see if he reacts.... I had raw shrimp that always got Shadow's attention.

Adding lots of prayers.....

Up Toby Up!

11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I've always been very conservative with Bupe - never given more than .1, so I can't really add any insight. I think you just need to keep feeding and monitoring. If you are at all concerned that he isn't responding or recovering, don't be afraid to take him to the ER. Better safe than sorry.

I was able to bring up Toby's 2016 SS - the older one came up when I clicked on your link, and I just clicked on the 2016 tab.

How is he now, Peg?

12. Peg and Toby

Just an update. Toby is walking fine this morning. He is alert. going to test him in a little while. Will reduce his insulin back to 5.5 units if he is high enough this morning if not will give a reduced dose. The vet said to give him .5 ml for pain. He hadn't pooped and acted like his belly hurt so I gave .4 ml. Between that and the low BG I think that put him right out of it. Was so scared when he couldn't walk. Thank-You everyone for the help. It helps to have other eyes on the situation.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Toby is better this morning. Bupe can make them really off if the dose is too high. I find the dose the vet says to give is usually too much. Sending prayers.

14. Daisygirl^^

Daisygirl^^ Member

Glad kitty is ok! My cat has a lot of GI issues. Maybe some miralax will help get him going. Constipation is common side effect of pain medication and it's uncomfortable for kitties. My kitty gets 1/4 tsp miralax 2x/day (mixed in her wet food wit little water) and also prescription of casipride.

15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Peg, a couple of years ago I was given bupe for Sheba when she was unwell and had pain.
    We have it in tablet form out here in Australia and I was told to give her one tablet...I have forgotten the dose of the tablet now, but Sheba became unresponsive......didn't acknowledge me when I spoke to her, couldn't eat or drink, couldn't walk to use the LB. I thought I was going to lose her. Then she seemed to get better after about 8 to 10 hours. Then the same thing happened the next night. I slept beside her very worried. It wasn't until my DH said she looked drugged that I realised what had happened. She was quick to respond once the drug wore off. I gave it to her on another occasion when she had pancreatitis and she responded to 1/4 of a tablet. I don't use it now as it just doesn't agree with her.
    I am so glad Toby has improved. It is very scary when they can't walk.

16. Daisygirl^^

Daisygirl^^ Member

Daisy is on tramadol which is for pain and nerve pain. She has not had any terrible side effects. Maybe you can ask your vet about it if you still want to give kitty something. I give half the dose the vet recommended.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so glad that Toby is okay now! That must have been very scary and so glad there was a happy ending. Congrats on the reducie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.