7/10 Ares AMPS 103 +3.75 64 PMPS 72 +2 115 +4 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ashleigh & Ares, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

2. Ashleigh & Ares

feeding 14% at 3.75 test now because i have to leave! he is acting fine....eating all his food. Husband will keep an eye on him to ensure he isn't showing any symptoms.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d be surprised if he was having symptoms with a 64. The 14% should bring him up nicely. Then have your husband feed some higher lc or mix of lc and mc in an hour.

Ashleigh & Ares likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Ash I hope Ares surfs safely today :bighug::bighug::cat:

5. Ashleigh & Ares

:bighug::bighug:

6. Ashleigh & Ares

Thanks Elise.
    I got back in time for PMPS. its 72. If he gets below 50 this time around on 2U... I'm thinking i maybe fall into that olace where i keep him at 2U until he gets below more than once. We have gone from 2.25 to 2 to 1.75 so many times.
    Do you think its a good idea to keep him on 2U even if he gets below 50 tonight?

seems like evertime we get to 1.75, he just doesn't do very well on it, and maybe i shud hold him at 2 for a bit longer???
    Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ladies :D

7. Ashleigh & Ares

well, he popped up a bit. will test at +4. still a question if he does get under 50 **with no symptoms**..im thinking, i may keep him at 2U until he hits below 50 again...

Rainbow Conti likes this.
  8. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

So definitely take Elise or Bhooma advice over mine. But if he is having trouble holding reductions you could do a 3 times under 50 in 3 separate days or cycles (cant remember which one) or one drop below 40.

Tagging them for clarification of the rule ;)

@tiffmaxee
    @Bandit's Mom

9. tiffmaxee

I agree Ash and Rainbow. He’s toggling back and forth so the perfect candidate for 3 times in the 40’s. It would be three different days. A drop under 40 earns a decrease. for all cats. I had to do this for Max before he was a year diabetic.

10. Rainbow Conti

Rainbow Conti Well-Known Member

Elise clarify is it 3 times on 3 separate days under 50 and once under 40? Or 3 under 40?

11. Ashleigh & Ares

Thank you Elise and Rainbow! I will be following this for next decrease! 3x in the 40s on 3 diff days before going to 1.75.
    And if Ares goes below 40... guarantee he has symptoms!

12. tiffmaxee

No guarantee symptoms under 40. Max never did.

13. tiffmaxee

It’s once under 40. It’s 3 drops into 40’s on three different days. That being said if ever you have a hard time getting him back up from the 40’s and staying up take a reduction with the next cycle, especially since he isn’t yet a year diabetic. Take it in that case if only one cycle.

14. Ashleigh & Ares

Ok. Ive got it...except for Ares does tend to get symptoms even in the 40s...so IF he gets symptoms and i dont get a test that is lower than 40, should i take the reduction then on next cycle? or just stay the course?
    He has had symptoms at least 3x now and those were (well atleast when i got the test) just in the 40s

15. tiffmaxee

If he has symptoms he’s telling you too much insulin so reduce. What were his symptoms?

16. Ashleigh & Ares

Got it! Im going all that back on this and take pic, print it and put on fridge!

His symptoms are these: confusion, trying to jump but cannot, falling over while trying to jum because his legs wont listen to him, not understanding where food is (i have to put honey tongue, just to get him started,) literally walking ON his food instead of eating it...walks ON his bowl, pacing in circles, focusing into corners for a long time and putting his paws up like he thinks he can jump up a wall corner, extremely anxious...it is scary as &$#@...but been through it wnough to know what is actually happening.

Thank you Elise and Rainbow! Next post will be me typing the rules out!:kiss::bighug::D

17. tiffmaxee

Sounds scary.

18. Ashleigh & Ares

BEGIN 7/10

1. Basic rule: allow 3x LESS than 50 but OVER 39 on 3 FULL days.
    2. decrease IF below 40

3. decrease IF cannot bring numbers up above 50 and keep them up with food

4. decrease IF symptomatic

This is for a decrease to 1.75 U at this moment.

tiffmaxee and Rainbow Conti like this.