? 7/14 Cassie AMPS 457 PMPS 189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abby and Cassie, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

Previous post

She is bouncing from her nice blues yesterday. What happens if she never gets used to them? I think 1.5 is still a good dose because it doesn't seem to bring her green or too low, and when bounces clear she has nice blue days. I know someone said it took them a year to get their kitty regulated, so do I have to just be patient?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I know a black and white cat that took longer than a year to get regulated. After a year, she finally stopped bouncing to red, and that was progress. So yes, patience is your friend. And by the way, nothing wrong with a little green in the spreadsheet - it's the healing zone for the pancreas.

Abby and Cassie likes this.
  3. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I will try to remember green isn't scary! LOL. It just makes me panic. It's been so great seeing her improvements already though, she is a brand new cat ever since I started this journey back on June 12th! :)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Eventually you will begin to crave normal numbers. Once I found how much flatter cycles were with lower preshots, I much preferred them. When you start high, anything could happen. But it does take experience and data to make that leap.

Abby and Cassie likes this.
  5. Abby and Cassie

Abby and Cassie Member

I think I've noticed that, I remember reading how you should wait for the preshot to be 200+, but I don't mind shooting 140-150 especially given how she seems to go with those cycles! Though I need to do a better job of making sure I have test strips. They go by sooo quickly! It's also nice how lantus works with consistency, so I'm really glad 1.5 is working so well overall and we haven't had to change the dose again. :)