7/16 Max PMPS 155; +3 67...HELP! Don’t want to freak out just yet, but hypo coming??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca & Max (GA), Jul 16, 2020.

1. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

Last post 7/13

Max just started dipping his paw into the blues & greens! I knew his PMPS was the lowest he’s had in a long time, but decided to shoot a skinny 1.75 as he’s making such great progress. He’s not too low YET, but he usually hits nadir around +6. He was fed a little bit of his fave Weruva food at PMPS, which I thought might have been messing with his BGLs. Clearly it didn’t impact him as much as I thought it would.
    Set an alarm for 3:20 AM to test him at 3:30 (+3). I gave him a teaspoon of Weruva and then tested him immediately after he finished (he gets hangry). Do I offer some MC or HC food, or just wait and see what the next test brings? We are now at +3.5. Test now, or wait till +4?
    I also test with the AT and got a read of 117, not that it matters all that much.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Reason for edit: Typo
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm at work and may not be able to stay on. I'd test now and if he's still the same or lower, feed a teaspoon of MC.

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.
  3. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Not a problem with you at work. Will test and report back as soon as I get it!

4. Rebecca & Max (GA)

He’s down to 53. Giving MC food (14%), and will test again as soon as I can. He’s not happy with ear sticks...

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I will watch as well Carla.

6. carfurby (GA)

Since he's still dropping you'll want to test every 30 minutes until he starts coming back up. Don't feed more than a teaspoon at a time so he won't get full and not eat if you need him to. I'll try to check back in.

7. carfurby (GA)

Thanks Bron. I don't know how long I can stay on. With work I never know what will come up.

8. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Offering as much of the gravy part as I can first! My CKD kitty’s Wellness morsels...
    Thank you!

9. Rebecca & Max (GA)

It’s okay, you have a life. I’m doing okay...kind of had a gut feeling it would happen. I have my hypo toolkit ready. Just didn’t want to jump too fast. Last time he did this he was on the Libre, so reads were a scan, not an ear stick....((sigh)) so much easier. He’s quite content to just hang out on the kitchen counter while I try my best to stay calm!

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

It’s scary the first few times you see the numbers drop.

11. Rebecca & Max (GA)

It is. It’s been a looooong time. But it has also been as scary seeing those high numbers for me too (worried about DKA). Trying my best to stay calm, lol. Fired up the Keurig already. Just hoping Max won’t be too big of an a-hole (sorry, going on 2 hrs of sleep) and lets me keep testing (he hates ear sticks).:nailbiting:

Reason for edit: edited amount of sleep- only 2 hrs, not 3!
  12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Are you using an alphatrak meter now?

13. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Well, he’s cleaning himself a little and using my $150 GelPro gel mat as a scratching mat :p

14. Rebecca & Max (GA)

No, I switched to the Contour as my primary. I still check with the AT, but only as a back up.
    I changed all of my reads in the SS to have the Contour reads first from the point where I was able to calibrate the Contour. I still post AT read if I take them (part of my wanting to know where he’s at in that).

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  15. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm around as well.

The stinker!

16. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Payback for ear sticks, me thinks!! :D

17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Rebecca would you mind having a look at your signature and changing it so that it is clear that you are using the Contour now please to stop any confusion. Thanks.

18. Rebecca & Max (GA)

It just dawned on me...my babies always spiked the highest fevers in the wee hours... now my cat is dropping to the lowest BGLs in the wee hours! :facepalm:

19. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Will do.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Have you done another test yet?

21. Rebecca & Max (GA)

After one hell of a fight I finally got enough blood! He’s at 76.

22. Rebecca & Max (GA)

This is why I liked the AT. I would have had a read four ear sticks and 15 min ago.

23. Bron and Sheba (GA)

That’s good. I would give another teaspoon of low carb food now and test in 1 hour and post please.

24. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Just clarifying, low carb not medium carb (sorry caffeine still hasn’t hit fully yet).

25. Nan & Amber (GA)

Right, low carb now, save the MC for if he dips down again. Hopefully he's on his way up now, though.

26. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Thank you! Appreciate the hand holding!!!

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  27. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Now a bit worried what I should shoot at his AMPS? I still have 7 hours until then, but he doesn’t really qualify for a dose reduction as he didn’t drop below 50. Or does he because I stoped him dropping with MC food?? Ah, the joys of this sugar dance...

28. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nope, unfortunately that doesn't count-- this stuff is confusing enough figuring out what our cats are doing without trying to figure out what they might have done :)!

So, stay the course with this dose-- unless he's got some more surprises in store for you tonight!

29. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm just catching up....looks like you've had an exciting night/morning!

And now it looks as if the numbers are on the rise - your cell should be darker green - as the lime green indicates that you're under 50 (unless that's an AT2 SS)...I saw that was being discussed above...as I glazed over the posts...may want to change that if it was a human meter reading.

Look at what Miss Luci decided to do...from 269 to 110 in just a few hours - now that girl knows how to fly....she does that kind of thing just about every day...crazy cats!:rolleyes:

30. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Update: he’s up to 81. He wants more food, so going to offer LC and give him a break with testing. He’s not happy with ear sticks, and this has been hell on him this morning. Amen for my garden glove. Otherwise my hand would be shredded up.

Reason for edit: Typo
  31. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad Max has come up and is surfing safely.

32. Rebecca & Max (GA)

The lime green popped up automatically when I entered the 53 at +4 (human meter). I also did a +4.5 read (up to 76 after MC food) but you cannot split cells for time/color, so I left it. He’s now up to 81, so that has been added at +5.

33. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Me too. He wanted more food between +4.5 & +5 but I didn’t want him getting full in case +5 showed him tanking again. He’s very VERY angry with ear sticks, so I think I’m going to give him a few hours rest before I test him again. I need some sleep too. My oldest is up and going to watch him for me, but she’s not keen on testing.

34. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You need to reformat your SS so the lime green's don't pop up until you drop below 50 now instead of 68

Sue and Luci likes this.