7/17 Philly AMPS 224, +3 146, +5 96 +6 95, +9 102, PMPS 132, +2 111, +4 101, +6 118, +8 153,+10 232

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Recent

Another drop between +10 and AMPS. Weird.

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

It looks like he's coming down from yesterday's bounce.

@carfurby Carla, what do you think?

Have a good day Beck! :)

Beck and Philly likes this.
  3. Beck and Philly

Thanks! I need him to stay safe while I go to the dentist in a few hours. I'm not used to leaving him while he's dropping. I'll leave some of his food out so he can snack while I'm gone if he goes into double digits by then.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Beck and Philly

His poor ears. Has anyone tried the Libre meter? I'm tempted to give his ears a break, but I'd like to know how others who have used it feel.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

He was coming down from the bounce last night. I hope he surfs safely while you're at the dentist.

Beck and Philly and Sonia & Leo like this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We have had a few people use the Libre for a bit. Some cats will leave it on, some won't. :rolleyes: There is a thread in Think Tank on the Libre, and if you search Feline Health you'll find some posts there too. We've had a few people use the Libre for either vacation, or when they are new and just learning to test. Or just as an experiment. Trying to remember who all here - @Judy and Freckles was one.

Beautiful cycle today! I hope your dental visit was OK. Are they making you rinse with hydrogen peroxide there first?

Beck and Philly likes this.
  7. Beck and Philly

Thanks! I'll read up on the Libre tomorrow. He was ear tipped as a feral kitten, and the vet took a big chunk of his ear. What's left seems to be damaged and doesn't give much blood so he really only has one good ear to prick. It is so sore looking. I'd love to give him a break.

He sailed through today wonderfully. We are going to keep an eye on him every couple hours tonight, but at least his numbers were rising at shot time.

The dentist was easy this time. Just a cleaning. They are mixing Listerine and hydrogen peroxide and having patients rinse for 20 seconds with it. Strange taste, but not awful.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  8. Beck and Philly

9. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

The Libre was applied at the vets while Freckles was under anesthetic for a dental. The Libre stayed on for the 2 week duration but started to be bothersome to Freckles by about day 12. It was placed between her shoulder blades, just off to the side of her spine. What I found with the Libre was that it wasn't very accurate for the high numbers (150 or higher) but was better for the lower numbers. When compared to the Freestyle monitor the Libre differed anywhere from 77 to 178 points. It may have just been the Libre that I had. It did show me trends such as heading higher or heading lower.