? 7/18 - GIDEON BLUE - AMPS = 436 - Home again, do I increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shiloh567, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

We are now home again after being away for a week. Not sure it was worth going away. It was quite stressful trying to manage my fur baby Gideon from afar. We do have plans to leave again in a month. The pet sitter learned a lot, and I think she is more confident in doing ear sticks now. As a "tip", I paid her for each ear stick, because it was really over and above what she normally does.

I do need advice. While we were away, we had Gideon's Lantus dose lowered from 2 units BID to 1.5 units BID. He wasn't stabilized when we left, and now we are seeing lots of RED numbers. Should I go back to 2 units tonight, or go to 1.75 units for a couple days, and then to 2 units BID?

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’d go back to 2 units. Welcome home.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you want to look at Gabby's SS, you'll see I bumped her dose back up to where it was prior to my traveling. Like Elise suggested, go back to the 2.0u dose.

Shiloh567 likes this.
  4. Shiloh567

Shiloh567 Member

Yup....I increased him back to 2 units tonight. He has been consistently 400+ recently. Hoping we can get back on track.
    Thank you Sienne and Elise!