7/18 Maxi AMPS 319 Question about Timing of Injections

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Jul 18, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

2. Scdal

Scdal Member

Good luck with getting you question answered. I have asked the same question myself several times. My cat has very low BG numbers in the morning because he hasn't eaten. I been told to wait an hour and check again. Most of the time, i have had to wait 2 hours before his numbers rose high enough to shoot. By then, it is 10 a.m. and my cat is starving. Then, it is 10 p. m. before I can shoot again

If I skip his shot, his BG goes up in the 500 range. I don't think anyone is monitoring this forum or helping us newbies with the answers we need.

bambinaki likes this.
  3. bambinaki

I'm not qualified to advise you, but I think it's ok to go ahead and feed your kitty at 8 am on those days.

As of now, I can do the waiting and seeing and testing at all hours of the day and night (even though it's shortening my own life), but now that plans are being made for me not to work from home anymore, I need to figure out how to best treat my Maxi.

If I don't get the info I need, I'll research elsewhere.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You have about a 30 min. window before you have to make adjustments to your shot time.

5. bambinaki

Thank you

Does this mean that if normal injection time is 9:30, I can inject anytime between 9:00 and 10:00?

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yes. But, depending on how sensitive Maxi is to time changes, you may want to adjust back by 15 min. increments (or not, if your kitty isn't that sensitive to a time shift). I would try to not mess with shot time several days in a row unless you really have to. If you do need to, just take good notes so you'll have a clear idea of what's going on.