? 7/19 Maxi AMPS 216 Injection - Work Schedule Conflict

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Jul 19, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...out-timing-of-injections.232423/#post-2599110

My new work schedule has me starting at 10am and finishing at 9pm.
    For AM, the latest I could inject Maxi (and get to work on time) is 8:30am, and for PM, the earliest I could arrive home to inject him is 9:30pm. This is being optimistic.

Sienne replied: You have about a 30 min. window before you have to make adjustments to your shot time.

I asked: Does this mean that if normal injection time is 9:30, I can inject anytime between 9:00 and 10:00?

Thank you.

I won't be able to work within that one-hour time frame on Mondays and Wednesdays. @Sienne and Gabby (GA) , do you have any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Tell me if I have this schedule right. It's hard having the details back over a couple posts.

Currently - you shoot at 9:30. Monday and Wednesday you will have to shoot at 8:30 am, and 9:30 pm. The issue is not so much shooting later on Monday/Wednesday as it is being able to shoot earlier those days. That means you'll have to use the days before to move the shot earlier. You can move the shot time 15 minutes a cycle, or 1/2 hour once per day. Would this work?

Sunday - 9:00 am and pm (or 9:15 am and 9:00 pm)
    Monday - 8:30 am and 9:30 pm
    Tuesday - 9:00 am and 9:00 pm (or 9:15 am and 9:00 pm)
    Wednesday - 8:30 am and 9:30 pm
    Thursday through Saturday - 9:30 am and pm

3. bambinaki

Thank you very much, Wendy, for working that out.

Is shooting at 8:30 am and 9:30 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays OK? That is outside the suggested one-hour window (9:00-10:00) for shooting. It will be 13 hours between AM and PM shots, and only 11 hours between PM and AM shots.

Class ends at 8:15 pm every day, so it will be hard to be home in time for a 9:00 pm shot on Tuesdays. Wouldn't it be OK to make Tuesdays, and every day except Monday and Wednesday, 9:30 am and 9:30 pm?

If it's indeed OK to have only 11 hours between shots, how about this (below)?

AM PM
    Monday 8:30 9:30
    Tuesday 9:30 9:30
    Wednesday 8:30 9:30
    Thursday 9:30 9:30
    Friday 9:30 9:30
    Saturday 9:30 9:30
    Sunday 9:30 9:30

This way, there will be 12 hours between every shot except Sunday PM to Monday AM and Tuesday PM to Wednesday AM when there will be 11 hours between shots.

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Karen, I'm impressed at how you CAN get this worked out, and how you care for Maxi.

Just a complete side note . . . I take Lantus first thing after waking up, and I don't get up at the exact same time every morning. No big variations, but small ones. I'm good, and am happy that you can get this worked out, and try not to be anxious over small differences in your demanding schedule. You can come to a good solution. I am exhausted and numbers at this very moment would have me spending forever rechecking!!! I promise it's not because I was 15 minutes early with my Lantus this morning (one more thing I'd feel bad leaving out in case I shouldn't - Lantus lasts 24 hours for me instead of 12 for a cat's system):smuggrin: Give that kitty a bunch of love from us.

bambinaki likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

13 hours between shots isn't ideal, a delay can act a bit like a reduction. The problem with shooting early is that it can act a bit like an increase and if you aren't home to monitor, that's not good as it could cause his numbers to go lower.
    Any other time limitations we should know about? Could you still do the Sunday as I've suggested. Could you do at least 9:15 on Tuesday?

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

7. bambinaki

Thank you, Jan!

8. bambinaki

I've not deviated from what I initially said ("My new work schedule has me starting at 10am and finishing at 9pm.") other than relaxing the limit of working until 9. I should actually not leave my job at 8:15. Leaving at 8:15 would be shirking.

I can do any time on Sundays.

I have to be *on the job* on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 am *sharp*, so, no, I can't because of commute time.

Looks like Maxi and I are screwed. All this is not even mentioning that he will have to do without R. Even with R his numbers are no good so I'm not looking forward to seeing how high they get without R.

Anyway, many thanks for your help, Wendy!

9. Wendy&Neko

Sounds like you don't have much options, other than maybe the revised Sunday schedule. That'll make the Monday earlier not a problem and you'll just be left with Wednesday earlier. Which will only be a problem if Maxi looks like he might be hinting at a reduction.

You can still use R at night and weekends.

bambinaki likes this.
  10. bambinaki

Thanks